I've decided to create a new ASM game for the CE: Don't Tap The White Tile. Lots of people play it on their phone, even I, and it was very funny to play! So I've tried to port it. It doesn't work yet (duh Razz), but the graphics do. Here's an image of it:

It's very slow yet, because I shift the screen every time (I'm better off with saving the tile positions, and draw only white and black lines)

Not the best game, but good enough for a starter Smile

Any suggestions/comments/whatever?
I have seen a game like this for ti 84 plus, where there were 5 columns, and you used the F keys. It didn't flow down like this at a steady rate, instead, it had a timer, and shifted down one step every time you pressed the correct button. It was a race against time, so complete a random course in the shortest time.

What buttons are you going to use to control 4 columns?
Caleb_Hill wrote:
I have seen a game like this for ti 84 plus, where there were 5 columns, and you used the F keys. It didn't flow down like this at a steady rate, instead, it had a timer, and shifted down one step every time you pressed the correct button. It was a race against time, so complete a random course in the shortest time.

What buttons are you going to use to control 4 columns?

Maybe I would add more modes (like the original game). For now, I'm fine with this.
I will use F1, F2, F4 and F5 to 'tap'.
Very nicely done PT_! Smile Is this pure ASM? Anyhow, you might be able to get a speed up by shifting the screen a few more pixels at a time. Keep up the great work!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Very nicely done PT_! Smile Is this pure ASM? Anyhow, you might be able to get a speed up by shifting the screen a few more pixels at a time. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Very Happy it's very fun to do Wink
Yes, this is pure ASM, that is why it took so much time to finish and debug it.

Anyway, I've fixed the remaining pixel (left in the gif). The starting points of HL and DE at the shiftscreen routine were 1 too high Smile
Just a think from the gif, it looks as though you're switching from the left side of the screen to the right side every frame, is this true? It's a lot faster in BASIC I know to just use one side unless you're Kerm coding flappy bird, but I think the same would apply in asm. Correct me if I'm wrong since I know nothing about asm but just some food for thought.
Botboy3000 wrote:
Just a think from the gif, it looks as though you're switching from the left side of the screen to the right side every frame, is this true? It's a lot faster in BASIC I know to just use one side unless you're Kerm coding flappy bird, but I think the same would apply in asm. Correct me if I'm wrong since I know nothing about asm but just some food for thought.

I understand what you mean, but I use only 1 side of the screen buffer. I'm not double buffering Smile. That maybe faster though; I have to test it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours