Note: There is a glitch when exiting the program that may cause the calculator to freeze, usually this is fixed by pressing [ENTER] and then [CLEAR], but may not fix it. I plan to port this program to C, which will fix the problem. For now, you have been warned Smile

Try to stop the blue circle on the rim of the pink circle by pressing the [ENTER] key at the right time!
The game gradually gets more difficult as it goes on, so be careful!

Your score is displayed in the center of the circle. Your high score is on the splash screen.

Please post bugs right here!

This is the first game I'm making in assembly, so it's not going to be perfect. I hope you'll give it a try, however Smile

Gameplay (note, it is a little slower in this GIF then on the real calculator):

Known issues:
Sometimes leaving the game creates four circles. Other times, if the calculator is plugged in, it may freeze, both are quite rare and unreproducible, which makes them difficult for debugging.

Special thank you to everyone who made this possible, including Mateo, tr1p1ea, Hactar, and Kerm, as well as everyone on my ASM questions thread!

I hope you enjoy!
This looks like quite the fun game, KingInfinity! Is this based on an existing Flash game and/or smartphone game that I haven't heard about, or is it something you came up with on your own? Regarding your bugs:
1) For the circles on leaving the game, do you know what portion of your code is causing the circles? If so, you can set a breakpoint on that in your emulator and see what triggers that.
2) For the plugged-in freeze: try disabling link activity for the duration of your game. One way to do this is to install a Silent Link Hook that cancels any incoming link activity.
Sounds awesome! Can we get a link to it? Its time for me to install something else now Smile
Unicorn wrote:
Sounds awesome! Can we get a link to it? Its time for me to install something else now Smile

It was just accepted to the archives
Seems kinda fun, although I assume it must be very hard Shock. I'll try it when I get a chance and time Smile
Nice work KingInfinity! The more you practice assembly, the better you get Smile I like the logo thingy too. Hopefully you can track down some of those pesky bugs. Good luck; and keep it up!

KermMartian wrote:
2) For the plugged-in freeze: try disabling link activity for the duration of your game. One way to do this is to install a Silent Link Hook that cancels any incoming link activity.

Um, as far as I am aware, the CE no longer has a silent link hook that works like this system call. (There is still a form of silent linking though; but it's weird) -- It's controlled by something else; a maskable interrupt bit in the interrupt controller in the simplest form I believe. As long as you disable it in the interrupt controller, it shouldn't bother you; then you can just restore it when your program exits. Geez, I should really be putting this stuff somewhere Razz (Note: This is actually a VERY good idea to do if your program uses interrupt mode 2; be sure to mask out some of the interrupt controller bits)
DJ_O wrote:
Seems kinda fun, although I assume it must be very hard Shock. I'll try it when I get a chance and time Smile

It's not insanely difficult, but it's not a walk in the park

KermMartian wrote:
This looks like quite the fun game, KingInfinity! Is this based on an existing Flash game and/or smartphone game that I haven't heard about, or is it something you came up with on your own?

I came up with it myself, but it was inspired by the gif from twitter where the four or five shapes are moving over their outlines and you have to stop them when they align. I couldn't find it, though.
It is supposed to emulate the quick style of smartphone games, as well.

Edit: I found it https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B6Mx4wtCcAEoz6a.mp4
Bug report: Critor mentioned that the game will freeze 100% of the time when exiting after playing on both the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE-T, using OS 5.1.5. It doesn't happen just if USB is connected, but also when there's no USB connection.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours