Quote:
Dare I ask if the hex search was inspired by the jsTIfied feature request that I wrote myself a couple of days ago?

Memory search has been a standard feature of e.g. TIEmu for over a decade, and VTI for even longer, seemingly before JM's improved fork.
I was pretty surprised to learn that jsTIfied still didn't have such a basic, useful feature.
Quote:
Dare I ask if the hex search was inspired by the jsTIfied feature request that I wrote myself a couple of days ago?

It has been there for a few weeks now.
KermMartian wrote:
Perhaps each time you step it highlights the register(s) that have changed?

Yep, that's exactly the point Smile
I just downloaded it, and I must say that it is awesome!
I know you already know this, but it took much time trying to figure out the keybindings or whatever. Are you going to make it configurable?
Anyway, good work Mateo and jacobly!
PT_ wrote:
I just downloaded it, and I must say that it is awesome!
I know you already know this, but it took much time trying to figure out the keybindings or whatever. Are you going to make it configurable?
Anyway, good work Mateo and jacobly!

Um, PT_, it is configurable. Just open the settings and look under keybindings. You can select different ones from different emulators Wink

EDIT User programs can now take advantage of the console in CEmu to help with debugging programs. You can use assert(condition) in your C programs to tell if the assertion failed; it prints the line number and the filename where the assertion failed as well. Very handy for debugging C programs. You can also do dbg_printf's directly to the console as well. Later commits will make it so the console output will be written directly to stdout or to a file; as Qt starts to buckle under the strain of thousands of lines being printed from the emulator.
Dunno if this is a bug or not, but if you make a screenshot, you need to save it. CEmu runs while you should save it, and the screenshot is taken at the moment AFTER you saved it Sad
Speaking of screenshots, I'm not sure if this has changed, but I believe CEmu did not remember the directory into which you last saved screenshots. That would be an appreciated feature. Smile
PT_ wrote:
Dunno if this is a bug or not, but if you make a screenshot, you need to save it. CEmu runs while you should save it, and the screenshot is taken at the moment AFTER you saved it Sad

KermMartian wrote:
Speaking of screenshots, I'm not sure if this has changed, but I believe CEmu did not remember the directory into which you last saved screenshots. That would be an appreciated feature. Smile

Both fixed, committed, and pushed. Smile The binaries should be updated sometime, I guess Razz
I had a bit of trouble trying to make this work. I tried to use Pimath's compiled builds, but every time I finish the ROM dumping, and the ROM is created, I get a message from Windows 10 Pro saying, "CEmu has stopped working." What do I do?
That error means there's a program crash somewhere along the line, and that error message literally says nothing helpful (stupid Windows). Can someone else confirm the latest build is not working? I'm not on my admin-rights machine at the moment and can't test yet.

Is this error just when dumping the rom? You might want to try a different utility to do that and then try the rom in the emulator, so we can single out whether or not it's the ROM dumping or the emulator that is causing the problem.
This has only happened right after the ROM has been made. If I restart the program, I get the same message, so I'm never able to use CEmu past that. How else might I create a ROM? What other utilities are there?
I'm so glad that there's a settings tab to change the keybind profile now! To be pedantic, the "PindurTI" setting should be called jsTIfied: what you have (with [/] = [CLEAR]) is jsTIfied, while PindurTI uses [right shift] = [CLEAR]. Also, the breakpoint columns don't seem resizeable, and because I have a high-resolution display, I can read a single character from each column.

Edit: Is stepping currently working? If it's not known, it seems that Step Next (which I think might be clearer as Step) doesn't follow jumps and calls correctly. Thanks. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I'm so glad that there's a settings tab to change the keybind profile now! To be pedantic, the "PindurTI" setting should be called jsTIfied: what you have (with [/] = [CLEAR]) is jsTIfied, while PindurTI uses [right shift] = [CLEAR].

Cool, I'll change that to read jsTIfied

KermMartian wrote:
Also, the breakpoint columns don't seem resizeable, and because I have a high-resolution display, I can read a single character from each column.

That doesn't sound fun. I'll make sure they are resizable. Smile

KermMartian wrote:
Edit: Is stepping currently working? If it's not known, it seems that Step Next (which I think might be clearer as Step) doesn't follow jumps and calls correctly. Thanks. Smile

You would have to ask Runer more about that; I'm actually not sure how it is implemented the way it is. 'Step In' performs a single step instruction, 'Step Over' executes the next instruction with regards to call (Basically just another step), 'Step Next' steps to the next instruction in the disassembly, and enters calls if necessary. 'Step out' steps out of the current subroutine. It's a little more advanced, and I would say I'm not the best person to ask about it. I usually just use a combination of step in and step next.
Thanks, Mateo! I didn't actually spot a "Step" function, just Step In, Out, Next, and Over. That's probably why I was confused.

Edit: Ah, you updated that to "Step In". I recommend keeping Step and Step Over the same as other emulators, because I feel like those two types of step are fairly intuitive for programmers. Smile
Someone should write a formal explanation of all the different types of steps, at least as it pertains to CEmu. It seems that several people are confused about this, and the only one I think I fully understand is Step Out, especially when it comes to the way block instructions are handled (ex. LDIR). If such a guide already exists, please point it out and I will be happy to use that. Smile

BTW CEmu has come along INSANELY fast and it is absolutely incredible. Just a few months ago, I was debugging my programs, adding "breakpoints" by inserting "call _GetKey" into various parts of my program, and using half-broken integer display routines to read the contents of the registers. This project demonstrates the true power of open source software, and I can't wait to see what other projects members of this community may take on next.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks, Mateo! I didn't actually spot a "Step" function, just Step In, Out, Next, and Over. That's probably why I was confused.

Edit: Ah, you updated that to "Step In". I recommend keeping Step and Step Over the same as other emulators, because I feel like those two types of step are fairly intuitive for programmers. Smile

I totally agree Smile Anyway, all the above changes have been fixed, committed, and pushed.

In addition, you can now save and restore state, export rom images and calculator images, and auto restore and save on start and exit. This is super helpful if you have a state you want to save; just click 'Save State', and then when you want to go back to that state you saved, just press 'Restore State'.

Hactar wrote:
Someone should write a formal explanation of all the different types of steps, at least as it pertains to CEmu. It seems that several people are confused about this, and the only one I think I fully understand is Step Out, especially when it comes to the way block instructions are handled (ex. LDIR). If such a guide already exists, please point it out and I will be happy to use that. Smile

Yep, I think this is a great idea. I think they are currently being worked on, so it might be a little funky right now. It should get clearer. Smile

Hactar wrote:
TW CEmu has come along INSANELY fast and it is absolutely incredible. Just a few months ago, I was debugging my programs, adding "breakpoints" by inserting "call _GetKey" into various parts of my program, and using half-broken integer display routines to read the contents of the registers. This project demonstrates the true power of open source software, and I can't wait to see what other projects members of this community may take on next.

Haha, I remember those days too Razz Feel free to post any more things you would like added!
I was wondering if the LCD re-sizing functionality still exists in CEmu?
tr1p1ea wrote:
I was wondering if the LCD re-sizing functionality still exists in CEmu?

Yes? I believe you just need to set it in the settings menu. Smile
Ahh yes I see it, though it doesn't appear to work with the LCD popout?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Ahh yes I see it, though it doesn't appear to work with the LCD popout?

What do you mean? You can just drag the lcd out of the main window and use it from there. Sliding the slider to 50% works Smile
Ok excellent, that works however the scaling feature doesn't appear toapply when utilising the 'Popout LCD' menu item is all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours