Heres mine....
I got 2992.6 MHz, but the validator said my .cvz file was corrupted. :/
did u use the newest cpu-z?
and isnt it .cvf?
Sorry, cvf. Yes, I did use the latest one, that's a pretty cool app!
hmm... idk y it wouldnt have worked then....
Here's mine:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=76662
yeah, CPU-Z and WCPUID are both good

only really useful to show off your overclock though Wink
im not overclocked... its good for showin mor precisely wut u run...
Mmm, overclocking. I've never actually done it, but I want to.
ok, what are these things?
It's a small program that runs on your computer and examines both your physical CPU and its parameters. It finds things like the CPU make and model, core speed, multiplier, cache, etc etc.
I should look into it
Do you have an overclock proc? If not, it's not particularly useful to you, as Kllrnohj pointed out.
not yet, but I have been considering a few hundred Mhz (don't do like my friend and take a PII to about 4Ghz (or so he cleaims) and fry the processor)
I burned my finger one time trying to overclock Very Happy But that was on an already dead motherboard, and I really didn't take the time to plan it out Very Happy

And since XCPUID doesn't seem to like my Debian install (and since all it does is basically read the /proc/cpuinfo file), I will now post the CPU specs for my "Little Engine That Could" Laughing :

Code:
processor   : 0
vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
cpu family   : 6
model      : 8
model name   : Celeron (Coppermine)
stepping   : 3
cpu MHz      : 564.869
cache size   : 128 KB
fdiv_bug   : no
hlt_bug      : no
f00f_bug   : no
coma_bug   : no
fpu      : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level   : 2
wp      : yes
flags      : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips   : 1118.20
rivereye wrote:
not yet, but I have been considering a few hundred Mhz (don't do like my friend and take a PII to about 4Ghz (or so he cleaims) and fry the processor)

a few hunred is good for an athlon, but little for a P4 (which hit nearly 1ghz overclocks - and they still get beat by athlons Wink )

do tons and tons of reading and research before overclocking - it is very safe if you know what you are doing....
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

a few hunred is good for an athlon, but little for a P4 (which hit nearly 1ghz overclocks - and they still get beat by athlons Wink )

do tons and tons of reading and research before overclocking - it is very safe if you know what you are doing....

...and make sure you have adequate cooling.
true, don't need my computer radomly shutting down
Or worse yet, melting down, if your CPU doesn't have an integrated heat sensor.
lets say, one night, my brother need to move a ton of data from his lappy to my HD. My CPU was running hard for a while. When I woke up, the screen was black, and comp wasn't resondind. The transefer didn't finish. The comp is still running good though (try and find a processor for my board will be a hassle)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours