CALCnet is not yet available on DoorsCSE 8, but it's currently a planned feature for the next version of DoorsCSE 8, according to the 8.1.2 release announcement: http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=705
Hmm I guess I never responded to this thread. Whooops. I can print and make some as well if RFDave does not. (After his changes!)

ByteStorm. As of the moment this is not pin compatible with the RPI that being said tho there is the RPI Gcn client floating around which uses the GPIO pins if I remember correctly so making a shield for that would be easy enough as well. Tho a 2.5mm headphone breakout board work work just as good ^^
bump: I think breadboardable breakouts for the 2.5mm jacks would be handy, then you could use whatever microcontroller you want
I could whip up something breadboard specific to print via osh/dirty pcbs if you want just a generic 2.5 breakout just let me know! (I am also willing to print and populate if you all want)
That's exactly what I want, how much would one be?
I would have to design it and price a BOM but not to to to expensive. But between shipping parts and time prolly around 20-30$ for a _Rough_ estimate.
Really? I expected it to be more like $5
Well it might be cheaper but shipping alone is about 5.... unless i use cheap media mail but i don't trust that. Anyway

15$ for 10 PCBS (Not including design time)
~3$ in parts Per PCB

So with out design + Building time its about $4.5 each. + 5 for shipping. + some for me. Comes to about $15. I highballed earlier, But 10$ would be the lowest with shipping with nothing for me Wink .
Are you still *selling* these? I'd like to get one.
oooooo I would love to buy one of those! but my arduino is in a 3D printer. Is all you need to do a calcnet thing with more than 2 calcs a bunch of aux ports hooked together?
Botboy3000 wrote:
oooooo I would love to buy one of those! but my arduino is in a 3D printer. Is all you need to do a calcnet thing with more than 2 calcs a bunch of aux ports hooked together?
Yes, but this shield can be used to do that even without an Arduino underneath it. The Arduino underneath is necessary if you want either blinkenlights or globalCALCnet connectivity.
willwac wrote:
Are you still *selling* these? I'd like to get one.

If we get enough people like i said in the PM i will gladly run a batch of these and populate them for everyone. That being said I do not know how much it will cost off hand due to not having the need to figure the numbers out.

If you can get enough interest I will run the numbers and if everyone pays up run a batch for you all.
*bump* For the curious, I added a new example sketch called SimpleIO to ArTICL, along with the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition-side program that it interacts with. This demo is designed specifically for rfdave's new Arduino globalCALCnet Adapter 1.1 shield, uses F1-F3 to toggle the R/G/B LEDs on the shield, and also is designed to read a pushbutton and a slide switch and control the speed of a motor. I'll be expanding the SIMPLEIO.8xp program with more instructions and graphics when I have time (certainly before the end of February).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours