I don't know if it's because I'm just bored of it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I've had a TI-84+SE since 2004, I've used it throughout all of high school, and now college.

I'm in business administration, so it gets used a lot for accounting and finance classes. I find it performs very well for these types of tasks, especially with a few extra apps installed and with ti-basic knowledge.

However, I also really enjoy programming it (automating calculations, making small games or programs, etc), this is the part that feels the most restricted to me on the TI-84.

Is it worth upgrading?
Welcome to Cemetech, tragique! Great to have you with us. What calculator are you thinking of upgrading to, the TI-84 Plus CE, the TI-Nspire CX/CX CAS, the HP Prime, the Casio Prizm, or something else?
Hey, thanks!

I was thinking about upgrading to the TI-89 Titanium mainly, or the Casio FX-9860GII (though I'm unaware if its community is like that of TI calculators, with its plethora of games, useful apps, tutorials for programming, documentation, etc).

I don't really like color screens or backlit screens, that's why I'm not really considering the TI-84+CSE. Though it seems like programming for the TI-84+CSE might be fun.. I'm just unsure about the battery life and reliability.
The fx-9860GII community is somewhat similar in size to Cemetech, but it's 99% French.
If you want to upgrade to an 84 series color calc, you probably want to get TI 84+ CE instead of the TI 84+ CSE, as the CE is faster, and will soon have the same amount of resources the CSE has, with the addition of the C language with the new compiler.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours