Do you want us to make this game to an android app too?
Yes
 100%  [ 18 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

New UPDATE!

Changes:
- Last step before dying, winning, or completing a level is now visible
- Levelpack is now external and can be changed by the user
- New levelpack format V2 which has a few improvements (V3 will finally support high score tables and stuff)
- New levels in the default level pack added
- Dialog boxes are now autosizing itself
- Konami code fixed
- Changed the UI strings
- Added UI message parser
- Saving is improved (Pressing clear while playing)
- Door block fixed
- Some other Bugfixes

Installation:
You have to extract the zip-archive and then copy both files onto your calculator. Then run the TWOSTEP program using a shell or by using Asm(prgmTWOSTEP)

Screenshot

Download:
Get it here: http://backup.bmuessig.eu/www/download.php?id=TwoStep-z80
The new level pack scripting language is in progress, so that you can make your own levels.
Its more a descriptive language than a scripting language, but anyways.
It is influenced by JSON and can be compiled oncalc to level back binary files.
Are these icons in the new obvious or are they're bad?

Any suggestions or ideas to make them easier to understand?
And are there any other suggestions for designing the UI?
Heres the next update for y'all!

Changes:
- Ingame UI-redesign + new HUD
- Some new icons
- Preparations for new Timed game mode
- Removal of obsolete resources (-700 bytes)
- Screen now flashes on damage
- Proper "To be implemented" dialogs
- Preparations for the new settings and highscore menu items
- Version format changed and now displayed in the preliminary settings menu in the main menu

Download:
as always: http://backup.bmuessig.eu/www/download.php?id=TwoStep-z80
Please don't deep link to the actual file. The php script keeps track of downloads and the current version and redirects you the best way possible.
Of course can you link to this url, but keep in mind, that it only works for the lastest version.

Screencast:
I have finally decided to release the TwoStep Level devkit:
http://backup.bmuessig.eu/media/TwoStep/z80/Beta/TwoStep_z80-b150404-a-lvldev.zip

You will need Axe to compile and run it.

This is how to make levels:
1. Grab a sheet of paper and design some levels that you might find interesting. Choose a start position and the start and endpoints of the portals (you can have multiple inputs and outputs per portal channel A and B; every input of a channel goes to a random output of a portal of the same channel).
2. The size of a level is 10x6. The list and value of the blocks is attached.
3. Build the hex version of the level by going row by row. Start in the upper-left corner and go right. Then go to row 2 and proceed. To write the hexadecimal representation of the blocks, just write the hex character of the block. Two blocks build one byte. The MSB of the byte is the left block of the pair and the LSB is the right block of the pair.
4. Build the [] blocks of the levels like in the default level pack file attached. Just take the hex representation.
5. Build the Data() block for every level as shown in the sample level. Make sure you understand the header format: [encloses bits] {encloses single bytes} (encloses multiple {bytes})
6. Finally build the initial Data() block as described in the devkit.
7. Compile and run the Axe program. You have to run it, what will make it create your actual level file. You can delete the compiled Axe file if you want; it is not needed anymore.

Have fun and don't forget to share some levels Smile

I will probably make a graphical editor at some point, but for now this is the easiest way to make levels.
The project has risen from the drawer of halted projects and I started looking through the source code again, after half a year of break. I fixed a few bugs regarding level pack loading and fixed some other issues.

From now on the archive will always contain a level pack SDK for those who want to make some.
The new archive can be downloaded here: https://github.com/bmuessig/TwoStep/releases/download/v160211/TwoStep_z80-b160211-a.zip

Have fun!
Just updated all the links in the first post and recovered all the data from my backups.
Glad I still found everything Very Happy
It's been a while since I posted anything related to TwoStep. While I was initially not planning to release it, I think it is time now to do so.
TwoStep is now open-source and licensed under the T&C's of the most recent version of the GPL license.
This should help keep knowledge free. On request, I will sub-license parts of the engine to be used in closed source projects. However, I have written most of this code years ago and the quality may not be best. So take it with a grain of salt.

Looking at the source may help Axe beginners, as they can have a look at how we did it back then Wink
If anyone likes to complete it, go for it Smile

The sauce is here. Grab it while it's still hot:
https://github.com/bmuessig/TwoStep

Cheers!
It's been almost 9 years since we developed TwoStep (I'm getting old!).
We decided to re-create TwoStep in Godot so that it can be enjoyed in post TI-84+ days.

There is still a few features and some polish missing, but the current preview version is already playable:
https://laminoid.com/twostep/TwoStep.html

You can control your character with the arrow keys or WASD or swipe on your touch screen device.
It is tested to work with Firefox, Safari (not iOS unfortunately) and it also works on some in-car entertainment systems.
so…any thoughts on a CE version if you’re in the porting mood?
Oxiti8 wrote:
so…any thoughts on a CE version if you’re in the porting mood?

If I had a CE and experience, perhaps. But I haven’t had a programmable calculator in my hands for ages now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours