Caleb_Hill wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks on both counts, Caleb! There's still plenty of testing yet to do, and I'll be providing and alpha or beta to a select group of programmers to test their TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition programs and make sure that their TI-84 Plus CE programs work with the shell, but I'm hopeful that it'll arrive for the general public's consumption sooner rather than later. I appreciate the encouragement and support from you all as I try to juggle this among the rest of my obligations.

Are you going to need beta testers? Well, I guess CEmu makes it easier.
Not too much easier yet. Smile Since it's pre-alpha software, its debugger isn't that useful yet, and it has issues like the keyboard equivalents of keys not working after loading a file, it's mainly handy for screenshotting at this point. I'm collecting up my bug reports for when it goes into alpha/beta and the developers solicit bug reports. I will definitely need beta testers, but I don't want the beta testers to be dealing with it in its current unstable state, as that would be a waste of everyone's time.
KermMartian wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks on both counts, Caleb! There's still plenty of testing yet to do, and I'll be providing and alpha or beta to a select group of programmers to test their TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition programs and make sure that their TI-84 Plus CE programs work with the shell, but I'm hopeful that it'll arrive for the general public's consumption sooner rather than later. I appreciate the encouragement and support from you all as I try to juggle this among the rest of my obligations.

Are you going to need beta testers? Well, I guess CEmu makes it easier.
Not too much easier yet. Smile Since it's pre-alpha software, its debugger isn't that useful yet, and it has issues like the keyboard equivalents of keys not working after loading a file, it's mainly handy for screenshotting at this point. I'm collecting up my bug reports for when it goes into alpha/beta and the developers solicit bug reports. I will definitely need beta testers, but I don't want the beta testers to be dealing with it in its current unstable state, as that would be a waste of everyone's time.

I see. Yes, I have had the same keyboard issues, and so I've had to discover some keyboard shortcuts for CEmu that I have never had to use on things like WabbitEmu and jsTIfied.

Well, as soon as you think it is stable enough to start testing, just say the word!
Kerm: You didn't click the LCD after loading a file, did you? :p Anyway, key equates are being fixed Smile
Fantastic work as always, it is truly amazing you find time to work on calculator projects with all the real life work you have going for you right now.

How goes the xlibc integration? Has tr1p gotten any form of that to you, yet?
You're very kind to say so, tifreak8x. Smile We talked briefly a few days ago about the mechanics of it, and he has access to the Doors C[S]E repository, so I hope he'll feel free to check in some code when he has it. I also forgot to mention that I tested your C2TEST program with Doors CE once I finished porting the PaletteSprite functions today, and the only thing that still seemed iffy was the hourglass appearing (and corrupting the plotsScreen contents slightly) when a C2CE library archived a variable. Everything else passed with flying colors. Thank you for making that program!
Amazing work so far, I can't wait for the release! Will there be an option for creating/editing files with custom extensions, so when transfered to computer can have different extensions? And it would be ground-breaking if there was windowed mode with overlapping windows but even if it is possible it is too much work so I wouldn't recommend doing this even though it would be awesome. (Just a proposition) :p
KKZiomek wrote:
Amazing work so far, I can't wait for the release!
Thank you; I appreciate the enthusiasm!
Quote:
Will there be an option for creating/editing files with custom extensions, so when transfered to computer can have different extensions?
I don't currently have plans for that; that sounds like a job for another tool. SourceCoder, perhaps? Can you describe this more in the SourceCoder suggestions thread?
Quote:
And it would be ground-breaking if there was windowed mode with overlapping windows but even if it is possible it is too much work so I wouldn't recommend doing this even though it would be awesome. (Just a proposition) :p
I do plan to port something akin to the Doors CS GUI API to the CE (sample screenshot), but I will probably do that as a separate C library, after the shell itself is complete.
And the work train continues, but there's one thing if you've considered or not...
Some pure basic programs require dependencies to run, and currently, with Cesium, the dependencies need to stay in RAM, and not in ROM, so if an accidental RAM reset came along, that's a small issue...

So will there be any support for the ability of having those dependencies in ROM, or is it completely impossible whatsoever.

Anyways, great work!
I recommend that such programs use the xLIB ExecArcPrgm function, carried forward all the way from the original xLIB by the unparalleled tr1p1ea. It has already been successfully ported into the full Celtic 2 CE library in Doors CE. Here's the documentation:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/DCSE:BasicLibs:ExecArcPrgm
I know. I'm very unwaitful (if that's a word). But what is the detailed checklist of things that still need to be done to the release? And approximately how much time in weeks will be needed to complete it, at least beta? Question
KKZiomek wrote:
I'm very unwaitful (if that's a word)

You're looking for the word "impatient" Wink

I too can't wait till this is done. Nice works so far , Kerm Smile
@KermM Now that CEmu was released, perhaps you could do some (animlated) screenshots of Doors CE 9 ? Very Happy
KKZiomek wrote:
I know. I'm very unwaitful (if that's a word). But what is the detailed checklist of things that still need to be done to the release? And approximately how much time in weeks will be needed to complete it, at least beta? Question
An excellent question, and I understand your impatience. Smile I've been meaning to make the same list for my own use, so thank you for reminding me:
  • Resolve problems with implementing poweroff to ensure that OS will not crash after quitting DCE after poweroff/APD.
  • Ensure that memory leak when DCE ran itself via HomeRun is resolved.
  • Test C/ASM library loading from Mateo within DCE
  • Make sure editing both archived and Unarchived programs from the home screen still works.
  • Consider label/home/end menu
  • Create small core ASM library for DCE programs.
  • xLIBCE!

I'll expand this list if I think of anything else. And a few new screenshots add a great idea!
Do you have any progress so far, now G3DC is ready?
And compared to the CSE, does it take more time or not, because the screen is memory mapped?
Yay! There's now a proper screenshot for DCE9 on the DC[S|E] (DoorsC + S and/or E?) homepage!
Except that it looks exactly like DCSE 8. Lol. Not much they can do there
I have suggestions:

1. Is it possible to make so that users can set the background image of the desktop?

2. Is it possible so that users can stylize the menu look, the icons default look, etc?

3. Is there an option to resize, rearrange or resort the items in given folder/desktop?

All these things would require large work but they would make Doors awesome and there would be at least few differences from the 8.x doors. Right now where it stands it maybe has new features from doors 8.x but not look features. As @up said it looks same as 8.x.

Sorry for being a critic.

If it would be too much work dont't do it. Its just suggestions.
I'm not sure if this has been adressed in this topic yet, but what about the [On] [Prgm] hook? Will that be possible, or does it require an app?

Great work so far, Kerm! I can't wait to see some xlibc programs running faster!
More then happy to be a beta-tester, does anyone know why Texas Instruments won't give us the a signing key?
Unicorn wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been adressed in this topic yet, but what about the [On] [Prgm] hook? Will that be possible, or does it require an app?

Great work so far, Kerm! I can't wait to see some xlibc programs running faster!

If i recall correctly, Kerm had said he would not remove that particular hook, but he would remove the "run doors on startup" option, reducing the size of the program and probably the work load associated with porting it. (nobody really uses it anyway) Also, I too can't wait to see the libs running much faster, it will surely feel a little strange to see the programs actually run at a nice speed Very Happy
dreamdragon wrote:
More then happy to be a beta-tester, does anyone know why Texas Instruments won't give us the a signing key?

God knows, I guess we can assume they want to keep third party development at a minimum, however everything that can be done in an app can be done in an ASM program, so it does seem kind of silly. TI used to sign programs for you if you asked, however they don't do that anymore. Maybe they are still bitter about the fact that the community factored their previous encryption key and want to show us that they have the last laugh Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours