Indoor elevators have been improved! The camera movement is a bit smoother now when it detaches and reattaches.

Indoor Elevators

Basically, all the Atlas Tower areas are done. Updates/news may be a bit sparce again until I reallocate some more memory for object arrangement data. The code responsible for instantiating "objects" might also be moved to RAM for greater speed/accessibility (the video display codes already do this).

After that, it's on to the Oceanside boss (top-secret, no spoilers) and revamping the bowling minigame.
Stardust49 wrote:
where can i get Robot War 1 from? I really like Robot war 2 and can't wait until it's complete but i think it would be interesting to play the first one.
I think this is the latest source/.8xp. It's a couple hundred bytes smaller than before and works on all 83+ based calcs (83+/SE, 84+/SE). It'll probably be the last "release" until/unless i get around to converting it over to an app.

Also, the elevator is way too cool!
chickendude wrote:
Stardust49 wrote:
where can i get Robot War 1 from? I really like Robot war 2 and can't wait until it's complete but i think it would be interesting to play the first one.
I think this is the latest source/.8xp. It's a couple hundred bytes smaller than before and works on all 83+ based calcs (83+/SE, 84+/SE). It'll probably be the last "release" until/unless i get around to converting it over to an app.

Thanks for helping, but all the links i've gotten so far are blocked by my schools server and i don't have internet at home. Do you think it would be possible to upload it to cemetech for me, if you could, that would be great.
I'm really fascinated by Robot Wars 2 and i would be interested in seeing the original.
Stardust49 wrote:
chickendude wrote:
Stardust49 wrote:

Thanks for helping, but all the links i've gotten so far are blocked by my schools server and i don't have internet at home. Do you think it would be possible to upload it to cemetech for me, if you could, that would be great.
I'm really fascinated by Robot Wars 2 and i would be interestedy in seeing the original.

If you don't mind waiting a month or so? We should have a more complete port of it from the 82 to the 83. I have it in my todo list to port it to a flash app. Just have not had the time >.<
Thanks, I don't mind waiting. I have plenty of things to do right now anyway. I can't wait till Robot war 2 is complete though! Smile
Speaking of Robot war 2, any new improvements lately?
Is this link blocked? I'd rather upload a cleaner version to ticalc/other calc sites than this one, which is still too large for most people to be able to run on their calc (due to lack of RAM). Also, this is the version without link-play. The original let you battle it out against your friends, too Smile
This project is still going...
I feel like the snap into position thing hurts my eyes a bit.
But nice work, I like the elevator concept. Will enemies be able to travel through elevators or will you be able to run away?
土豆很好吃 Smile
No major updates this week due to holiday travels, but the boss code is on the way...

Will the new year bring a beta? Evil or Very Mad
Hopefully if I can break away from doing microcontroller stuff this year. I'll try putting together some boss sprites this weekend.
APotato wrote:
This project is still going...
I feel like the snap into position thing hurts my eyes a bit.
But nice work, I like the elevator concept. Will enemies be able to travel through elevators or will you be able to run away?
土豆很好吃 Smile

The elevators only work for the main character, so far. But NPCs will have some building access during cinematics. Other areas like the forest area have some different ways to get around.

Argh, I've been pretty inactive over the past few months, partly from doing random volunteer stuff and from taking the HSK4. I'm thinking after I finished the code for Oceanside's boss and free up some memory, I'll release whatever I have as a limited alpha. That will probably allow some time to figure out how to add cinematics and fix some minor bugs before releasing the Oceanside chapter.

Anyway, the art for the Oceanside boss is finished. Initially it was going to be an armored semi truck. The new boss that replaces it also plays to Oceanside's highway theme, but with a more unexpected boss design.
I was wondering about what happended to this. Glad to see it progressing! I need to go read this whole topic. Razz
Chatting up the NPCs...

A few unnamed characters from RW1 will reappear and get their own facial portraits. The code for getting NPCs to drop items seems to be behaving. The 2ND code might be modified to prevent the character from actually jumping when a dialog is on display.

I feel this is really close to an initial release. Major game-breaking bugs are pretty much non-existent at this point. The first release will include the Oceanside chapter, up to and including the Oceanside boss. Some shops and mini-game will be cordoned off until later releases. One remaining rough spot is how the main character will "spaz" when walking directly into an NPC. You can barely catch this happening for 1 frame in the above animation after Edgar walks right, and then turns to face the NPC again. I'll have to tweak how player vs. NPC collisions are handled.

Recently done:
* Oceanside boss concept + graphics

To do:
* Oceanside boss coding / attack pattern
* Pre-programmed NPC movement
* Pre-programmed camera movement
* Player vs. NPC collision response (minor)
Very good Digitan Smile. I hope you can solve the remaining issues and implement the rest without much hassle. Good luck!
Smash Bros Wii U acquired. Productivity down 80%. LOL.

Still working on the Oceanside boss. Data-wise, this boss is a bit unique in that it's large enough to require disjointed hit boxes (five 6x6 pixel hit boxes in total). I'm also having to break it out into several components in order to have them all over-layed on the screen in the correct order. (ie: furthest segment is drawn first)
Dianzi tian wrote:
Smash Bros Wii U acquired. Productivity down 80%. 0x5.

Isn't that the truth Smile

Dianzi tian wrote:
Still working on the Oceanside boss. Data-wise, this boss is a bit unique in that it's large enough to require disjointed hit boxes (five 6x6 pixel hit boxes in total). I'm also having to break it out into several components in order to have them all over-layed on the screen in the correct order. (ie: furthest segment is drawn first)

So will each of these hit boxes be required to knock out individually, or will they simply decrease the overall health? Great work on this project thus far; it is looking pretty spiffy! Smile
Indeed!

I'm glad to see more progress on this, I'm looking forward to playing it in the future Smile
Can't believe i missed the update, i'm really happy to see there's still work being done on this Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Dianzi tian wrote:

So will each of these hit boxes be required to knock out individually, or will they simply decrease the overall health? Great work on this project thus far; it is looking pretty spiffy! Smile

For simplicity, I'll probably tie all five hitboxes into one large HP variable; unless this begins to make the boss too easy. This might change in later releases.

Source Release Plan
In an effort to keep this project from stalling again, I'm looking at setting up a Github account to host the project source after I release the Oceanside Chapter (the current alpha). I need some help coding/writing the remainder of the game due to random personal interruptions.

The core of the game and the storyline is pretty much done, so I'm looking for anyone interested in helping test and debug the post-Oceanside areas. The progress tracking system is especially challenging right now since I've having to do thing like make certain plot-critical items/dialogs are regenerated only when needed. Anyone who can help with ports or translations to languages other than English can also help. I'm just barely getting familiarized with Github in general, so this could take a short while to get set up.

Other Goings-on:
- Moving map_setup codes to App page 0, due to App page 1 recently filling.
- Creating fighting area of Oceanside boss
- Creating opening dialog & mini game
Lab Stockroom

Minor update while I'm cleaning up some old code: here is the Lab Stockroom-type item shop that can be found midway through the Oceanside chapter. This is where you can order chemicals and specialized equipment. Unlike many other shops, access to this area is restricted via key card that you must locate elsewhere in the game.

Other Progress:
- Moving map_setup codes to App page 0, due to App page 1 recently filling.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours