Would you look at that? We're starting this year out on the right foot!

This past month has seen a bit of a slow down from our lovely members, though we're betting final exams might have had something to do with it. Never-the-less, you lot managed to come up with some pretty interesting projects, and here we'll visit them and see what our fellow community members have been up to!

• CECraft: CECraft, by Michael2_3B, is a 2D minecraft like game in the works that currently creates a map and allows you to see what the various blocks that is generated are. Check out the topic as the author is looking for various bits of help.

• RacketMacros4Cxx: elfprince has been working on a transpiler system to give C++ and CUDA a better macro system, geared more towards GPU programming. There's a lot of technical information, source code examples, and more for you to peruse through if you are interested!

• PHASM: Epharius has updated PHASM this past month to be less better set up to not be overridden by other shells (namely Cesium for now). If you are a user of PHASM, check out the latest version and report any bugs you find.

• Word Fall: Project started up by Caleb_Hill, with a nice intro showing off a screenshot on what they wanted out of the project (at least for a start) but sadly has not seen any progress since mid month. Go bump his topic and let's see if we can't get more out of this project!

• Snail Maze CE: JamesV, a beast of a programmer, took up a small little project for the CE that he completed in just a few short days. This game is based off the Sega Master System BIOS game, where you guide a snail through some different mazes. Check out the topic for screenshots and a download link!

• DocEdit CSE: PT_ has been adding new features to DocEdit, and it's looking pretty good! He shows off a new screenshot and a list of features implemented and things he wants to add. Check out the topic for more information regarding this project!

• TI-Plow: TI-Plow is a game where you have to plow all the snow (white blocks) in under a certain amount of time and leave no snow to make it to the next level.

• Pirate Adventures!: DWMelon has put up a new download and screenshot for this project, and I have to say it looks pretty fantastic! He says there are a few more improvements to come, so keep an eye on his topic to keep updated!

• TILP: Lionel Debroux has updated TILP, mostly revolving around the newer ez80 calculators. Check the topic out for a full list of new functions and current known bugs.

• Stick Hero: This is an interesting little game by PT_ where you have to extend a stick to cross various chasms and not let your little character fall to their death. The screenshots and download link can be found in the topic.

• CEmu: CEmu is what the title suggests; an emulator for the CE calculators. This project has reached the current point of usage as a collaboration between MateoConLechuga, Lionel Debroux, Adriweb, and Jacobly. Check out the topic to see what features currently work, what doesn't, and what you might be able to do to help this project along!

And that's not all that's been going on, a few of you have even gone on to doing some hardware work as well, and we definitely don't want to exclude anyone's project based on it not being software based! Take a look at a couple of items KermMartian kindly reviewed to share with you:

• OwenScope: Long-time member Spyro453 used an Arduino Nano to create a tone generator for a classmate as part of a Secret Santa exchange. It includes four potentiometers, each of which sets the tone of one of four beeps in a repeating sequence. It sounds like a fun tool for his classmate to play around with, and an enjoyable way to get more familiar with reading and generating analog values and waveforms with a microcontroller.

• Underground Server Bunker: Lacking sufficient space to run a bunch of noisy servers inside their houses, jonbush and a friend designed an outdoor, underground "bunker" for their servers. They dug a deep hole, filled it with a 4'x4' fiberglass box lined with plastic, and used a sump pump at the bottom of the bunker to remove any moisture that gets in. A WiFi bridge operating over a pair of Linksys routers running DD-WRT and an extension cord bring internet and power respectively to their servers. The ground in Washington state stays cool throughout the year, so they created a ground source heat pump to wick heat away from their bunker into the surrounding soil. We applaud their ingenuity in solving a problem of noise and space while keeping their servers safe from the environment.

And there you have it, folks! Hopefully we covered everything that was posted up as a project, and if we missed anything, I am most sorry for that.

I hope you all had a wonderful day stepping into the new year of 2016, and that your year is bigger and better than the previous!

Until next month, ciao!
Daum...
And i still havnt even set up my CE minecraft project. (TBF i have nothing to test it on as the CEmu probably requires a rom)

Good Job to everyone who is more productive then me Very Happy
CEmu does indeed require a ROM, but assuming that you have a real TI-84+CE, it can dump the ROM from your calculator. Thanks for posting this, tifreak8x! Your diligence writing and posting these every month looks great for us, and more importantly, is a great salute to our productive, creative members.
Thanks for the post as always, tifreak8x! And as Sorcery of Uvutu is now in closed beta and still being worked on, I notice it is missing from the list. Intentional or not, I don't mind, but if it isn't, maybe could you add it to the list? Thanks!
Great summary as usual, tifreak8x (and thanks for the mention) Smile
Thanks for the bump on WORDFALL. My only excuses for leaving it inactive was winter break (lots of family time) and exams coming up. But I will make sure that this project stays updated, as I have solved (in my head, atleast) all of my previous qualms about it.
I'll also be uploading some of the projects that I worked on since then soon...
Awesome work tifreak. Smile Lots of cool projects, even through this busy time of year. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words, guys Smile I hope I can provide better coverage over the course of this new year Smile
Nice job, once again Wink I'm not sure how far I want to take CE-Craft, but hopefully I can finish up some of the creative mode features this month Smile Most likely not going to do survival.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours