KermMartian wrote:
...ASM libraries are missing. Execution of C programs (and use of C libraries) is missing.

There is nothing to be implemented for this. The system for library loading is completely independent of a shell, and can be run from either the homescreen or within a shell without any need for hooks. As long as nostub assembly execution works, libraries will work as well. More information to come soon. Smile

By the way, good luck! Looks like it is coming right along Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Folders work, the clock works, menus work, all of the file and folder manipulation tools work, running archived and unarchived nostub TI-BASIC and z80 assembly programs works. The HomeRun feature mostly works, the enhanced editor mostly works. TI-BASIC and ASM libraries are missing. Execution of C programs (and use of C libraries) is missing.

I'll try to get more information posted later tonight, as I spent some time debugging and fixing the APD feature today.

I take it that you are near or are at the end of the second stage/beginning of the third stage now? Again, now that I have a CE, I am willing to beta test. Keep going, Kerm, and good luck!
Just to ask a Question. Is Doors CE 9 supposed to make where you can put programs from the Ti-84 Plus CSE into your Ti-84 Plus CE? Just wondering.
Neutral
That_Hero wrote:
Just to ask a Question. Is Doors CE 9 supposed to make where you can put programs from the Ti-84 Plus CSE into your Ti-84 Plus CE? Just wondering.
Neutral

DoorCE is a shell that you can use to run programs. Some CSE basic programs used basic libraries; xlibC created by tr1p1ea, and Celtic converted by Kerm from the monochrome calculators. CSE basic programs that do not use these libraries run perfectly fine on the CE. Assembly programs and apps must be converted by their respective developer, however. Hope this clears things up Smile
That_Hero wrote:
Neutral
To elaborate slightly further on what MateoConLechuga said, TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition programs that used xLIBC and Celtic 2 CSE (examples include Flappy Bird, 2048, Dino Puzzle, Blockdude, and many others) will be able to run on the TI-84 Plus CE using Doors CE.
Ok, Thanks! Very Happy Smiling Cat
How close is DCE 9 from being released at this point, what's done and what's not done?
o355 wrote:
How close is DCE 9 from being released at this point, what's done and what's not done?

This week Kerm made a post on the homepage of Cemetech with more information at this point.
https://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=772
"poke" Keep going, Kerm! We all know you can do it!
KermMartian wrote:
somewhere there's one too many pops

*bump* HomeRun now works properly for all programs that can be run from the desktop. Unexpected things occur when HomeRun is responsible for running for running prgmA that launches Doors CE itself and Doors CE wants to replace its archived self with a new version at the same time, but that can be resolved. I think I should start working on BASIC libraries, since tr1p1ea is presumably making xLIBCE progress, MateoConLechuga will eventually be releasing his C and ASM library tricks, and there's now an emulator-in-progress that should make development faster and less frustrating.
*bump* Celtic 2 CE functionality rolls along. The overarching hook appears to work properly for programs run from HomeRun and the Doors CE desktop, as well as for Archived and unarchived TI-BASIC programs. I do notice that I appear to be leaking Doors CE-sized chunks of RAM somewhere, but I'm sure that's easily solvable. (Edit: I believe the leak is due to Doors CE running its own BASIC program running its own launcher. Somehow need to avoid that.) The following functions have been ported and/or tested:

• ReadLine: Ported, tested, fully working for unarchived and archived variables.
  • ReplaceLine: Ported, tested, fully working, including for first, last, and other lines.
  • InsertLine: Ported, tested, fully working, including for first, last, and other lines.
  • SpecialChars: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • CreateVar: Ported, tested, correct creates AppVars and programs. Fully working.
  • ArcUnarcVar: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • DeleteVar: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • DeleteLine: Ported, tested, works most of the time, crashes when deleting the last line of a variable. Edit: Since I'm still debugging without an emulator for now, pending variable uploading and breakpoints in CEmu, my guess is that the HitEOF check in replaceline is causing replaceline to skip the jump from Replace to Delete looks unlikely. Edit: Found problem with computing the EOF (end of file) of variables, repaired; now DeleteLine works correctly.
  • VarStatus: Ported, tested, crashes.
  • BufSprite: Not yet ported.
  • BufSpriteSelect: Not yet ported.
  • ExecArcPrgm: Ported (untested).
  • DispColor: Ported (untested).

Edit: Using the enhanced BASIC editor from the OS works less badly than I remember. The only remaining problem appears to be that some keyhook is left active, and makes the OS rather difficult to use afterwards.
Ooo nice!

What changes are there to usage of these libraries, if I may ask? Is there anything I can do to help test some of these things? Not sure how useful my tester program I made ages ago will be for testing this right off the line without modification.
tifreak8x wrote:
Ooo nice!

What changes are there to usage of these libraries, if I may ask?
Ideally, absolutely nothing.
Quote:
Is there anything I can do to help test some of these things? Not sure how useful my tester program I made ages ago will be for testing this right off the line without modification.
If your tester program doesn't work, then I haven't succeeded in porting the libraries yet. They're designed to work exactly as they did on the CSE.
*bump* I tested and repaired more of the Celtic 2 CE functions this morning, as edited into the post above.

• ReadLine: Ported, tested, fully working for unarchived and archived variables.
  • ReplaceLine: Ported, tested, fully working, including for first, last, and other lines.
  • InsertLine: Ported, tested, fully working, including for first, last, and other lines.
  • SpecialChars: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • CreateVar: Ported, tested, correct creates AppVars and programs. Fully working.
  • ArcUnarcVar: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • DeleteVar: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • DeleteLine: Ported, tested, works most of the time, crashes when deleting the last line of a variable. Edit: Since I'm still debugging without an emulator for now, pending variable uploading and breakpoints in CEmu, my guess is that the HitEOF check in replaceline is causing replaceline to skip the jump from Replace to Delete looks unlikely. Edit: Found problem with computing the EOF (end of file) of variables, repaired; now DeleteLine works correctly.
  • VarStatus: Ported, tested, now works, with _FormEReal equate corrected in ti84pce.inc.
  • BufSprite: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • BufSpriteSelect: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • ExecArcPrgm: Ported, tested, fully working.
  • DispColor: Ported, tested, fully working. My only qualm was that I had to flip the textFGcolor and textBGcolor equates in the include file for it to work. Has anyone else encountered this?

If anyone has any thoughts on the latter, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Testing 16-bit colors for DispColor (first and second lines) and OS-equated colors like RED and BLACK (third line):

Edit #2: Testing PaletteSprite by running Frogger 4.0 for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition on a TI-84 Plus CE, unmodified.
This looks very good, Kerm!

What do you need to do after Celtic 2 is ported?
Whelp, it looks like it's all done, so here's what's next on my agenda while I wait for tr1p1ea:

• Solve crash when sending a new version of Doors CE over an old one
  • Solve instability when using HomeRun and running Doors CE, which probably needs two separate solutions: (1) prevent HomeRun from running Doors CE's prgmA itself (look for the ignore token and skip those programs?); (2) change the _jforcecmdchar quit into a more elegant quit method.
  • Solve crash when APDing from the DCE desktop
  • Prevent C2CE from displaying the hourglass while working with the Archive.
KermMartian wrote:
Whelp, it looks like it's all done, so here's what's next on my agenda while I wait for tr1p1ea:

• Solve crash when sending a new version of Doors CE over an old one
  • Solve instability when using HomeRun and running Doors CE, which probably needs two separate solutions: (1) prevent HomeRun from running Doors CE's prgmA itself (look for the ignore token and skip those programs?); (2) change the _jforcecmdchar quit into a more elegant quit method.
  • Solve crash when APDing from the DCE desktop
  • Prevent C2CE from displaying the hourglass while working with the Archive.

Is that all that is left for DCE 9? So much progress has been made! way to go, Kerm.
Also, just noticed that 2016 marks the 10th year of (atleast this version/model) Cemetech! Congrats
Thanks on both counts, Caleb! There's still plenty of testing yet to do, and I'll be providing and alpha or beta to a select group of programmers to test their TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition programs and make sure that their TI-84 Plus CE programs work with the shell, but I'm hopeful that it'll arrive for the general public's consumption sooner rather than later. I appreciate the encouragement and support from you all as I try to juggle this among the rest of my obligations.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks on both counts, Caleb! There's still plenty of testing yet to do, and I'll be providing and alpha or beta to a select group of programmers to test their TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition programs and make sure that their TI-84 Plus CE programs work with the shell, but I'm hopeful that it'll arrive for the general public's consumption sooner rather than later. I appreciate the encouragement and support from you all as I try to juggle this among the rest of my obligations.

Are you going to need beta testers? Well, I guess CEmu makes it easier.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours