Hello everyone! I am a new member and I have a question that are read:

Do anyone know a program for texas TI- 84 plus that solve two sided equations, for example this one: 1000*x^4=1/x^lgx

I would be really grateful if someone knew this Good Idea
Luckily, your calculator includes something called the Solver that already does this for you. If you have a monochrome (black-and-white LCD) calculator, you can solve equations of the form 0 = f(x) - g(x): for your example, simply subtract one side of the equation from the other. On the newer color calculators, you can solve equations of the form f(x) = g(x), without needing to rearrange the equation at all. For any of the TI-84 Plus calculators, press [MATH], go down to Solve..., and press ENTER. Type in the equation you want to solve, then press [ALPHA][ENTER] (Solve).
Another solution is to set Y1 = f(x) and Y2 = g(x) and use intersect to find f(x)=g(x). This is not for in a program though, but it works better than Solve(.
KermMartian wrote:
Luckily, your calculator includes something called the Solver that already does this for you. If you have a monochrome (black-and-white LCD) calculator, you can solve equations of the form 0 = f(x) - g(x): for your example, simply subtract one side of the equation from the other. On the newer color calculators, you can solve equations of the form f(x) = g(x), without needing to rearrange the equation at all. For any of the TI-84 Plus calculators, press [MATH], go down to Solve..., and press ENTER. Type in the equation you want to solve, then press [ALPHA][ENTER] (Solve).

Thank you, but unfortunately I have already tried this function and the problem was that it can not solve quadratic equations, give two different answers. This is why I want another program, maybe one that I need to download.
PT_ wrote:
Another solution is to set Y1 = f(x) and Y2 = g(x) and use intersect to find f(x)=g(x). This is not for in a program though, but it works better than Solve(.

Thank you aswell, but in the example I gave, the two different x-values are extremely close to each other which makes it hard to find the answers. That is why I need a program that solves the equation.
You can solve the equation using some log rules and completing the square:

After this, you just have to plug in the numbers.
jonbush wrote:
You can solve the equation using some log rules and completing the square:

After this, you just have to plug in the numbers.

But there is no way the calculator can solve it without I am doing all these steps by hand?
If you're trying to find the intersections on the graph, just zoom way in and you should be able to see well enough to determine both points with the Calc -> Intersect tool.
KermMartian wrote:
If you're trying to find the intersections on the graph, just zoom way in and you should be able to see well enough to determine both points with the Calc -> Intersect tool.

Okay, thank you a lot, but you don't know a program that are available to the calculator and solves the whole equation at once?
Limpan wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Okay, thank you a lot, but you don't know a program that are available to the calculator and solves the whole equation at once?

I believe a computer algebraic system is necessary to solve an equation like this. You can rearrange it and then substitute a different variable for ln(x), then you can use a quadratic formula program to solve for the values of ln(x). However, that is basically the same thing that I showed in my work.
Limpan wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Thank you, but unfortunately I have already tried this function and the problem was that it can not solve quadratic equations, give two different answers. This is why I want another program, maybe one that I need to download.

So I think the answer to getting around this is quite simple, and is how I learned to use the solve function. Basically, in the line where the answer would be, you type in a guess. If it is a quadratic function, with two answers, you should type a low guess, then use [ALPHA][ENTER] (Solve) to get the low answer, and then type in a high guess to get a different answer. The calculator uses guesses to solve the equation, and gives you the answer that solves that equation that is the closest to your guess.
Hope this helps!
jonbush wrote:
Limpan wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I believe a computer algebraic system is necessary to solve an equation like this. You can rearrange it and then substitute a different variable for ln(x), then you can use a quadratic formula program to solve for the values of ln(x). However, that is basically the same thing that I showed in my work.

Okay, thank you
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Limpan wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

So I think the answer to getting around this is quite simple, and is how I learned to use the solve function. Basically, in the line where the answer would be, you type in a guess. If it is a quadratic function, with two answers, you should type a low guess, then use [ALPHA][ENTER] (Solve) to get the low answer, and then type in a high guess to get a different answer. The calculator uses guesses to solve the equation, and gives you the answer that solves that equation that is the closest to your guess.
Hope this helps!

This helped, I am going to try it. Before asking at the first place I was not happy with the solver function, but now it seems like you can solves quadratic equation by using it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours