Since it seems that decisions are being made to make the server more difficult, which would take away from the relaxation I get out of being on the Cemetech server, I'm going to be looking for other servers that don't focus so much on making it more difficult for people to explore and worry about being bombarded by mobs and losing what bit of stuff a person finds.

Vanillaverse is an alternative I play on, but all the children that play on there makes me not really want to be on that server as badly.

So I'm wondering, does anyone have any other suggestions to try out? As someone that likes seeing what others build, I don't want to waste substantial amounts of time manually getting around, so teleporting is a must for a server to offer.

Hopefully this topic isn't removed before some good suggestions come up. Thanks in advance!
tifreak8x wrote:
Since it seems that decisions are being made to make the server more difficult, which would take away from the relaxation I get out of being on the Cemetech server, I'm going to be looking for other servers that don't focus so much on making it more difficult for people to explore and worry about being bombarded by mobs and losing what bit of stuff a person finds.

Vanillaverse is an alternative I play on, but all the children that play on there makes me not really want to be on that server as badly.

So I'm wondering, does anyone have any other suggestions to try out? As someone that likes seeing what others build, I don't want to waste substantial amounts of time manually getting around, so teleporting is a must for a server to offer.

Hopefully this topic isn't removed before some good suggestions come up. Thanks in advance!

*cough*
Mine has some cool builds, whitelisted but I can add you.
My dynmap is here
You know, I still host the old Cemetech map (1.6, now under 1.7.10 iirc) under the same rules: PvE, creative survival, no stealing, whitelisted, be nice or you'll be moderated. Sadly, the world's portals are trashed (all portals link to one other, even opposite sides of the world :/, nobody shed any light on what is causing that) which means the nether rail system doesn't work (ignoring that the nether was regenerated due to an incomplete backup), but the overworld has a minecart system.

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but hey, its (still) an option.

Sadly, my buried cable was damaged and my servers are currently inaccessible, but I do plan on expanding the PvE-style world at some point. Also, currently there's no regular users, more of a ghost town of what Cemetech users one created Sad
I play on BosaikCraft a lot (relatively; I'm not on Minecraft a lot nowadays). It's more plugin-intensive than Cemetech, seeking a fairly Vanilla+Essentials playing style while having a very large and immersive spawn city.

I also use rcfreak0's server, it's got a lot of infrastructure as it's been around for a while.
CVSoft wrote:
I play on BosaikCraft a lot (relatively; I'm not on Minecraft a lot nowadays). It's more plugin-intensive than Cemetech, seeking a fairly Vanilla+Essentials playing style while having a very large and immersive spawn city.

I also use rcfreak0's server, it's got a lot of infrastructure as it's been around for a while.

Both are fun but rcfreaks has more activity than mine. If you like creative we are currently building spawn and need tons of help. If you want survival with more people play on rcfreaks, if you want survival with a very fresh and relatively unaltered map, play on mine.

Of course I will always say my server is the best! Laughing
Been enjoying BosaikCraft for a while now if you want to try that out. A lot of work has been put into it and it shows, to be completely honest.

Best of luck with whatever you choose. Smile
I don't play Minecraft like I used to but have enjoyed both rcfreak0's server and Bosaikcraft.
The topics for 1.9 are open for discussion. I'm encouraging everyone to come and voice their opinions. If you'd rather find a new server instead of continuing to voice your opinion and encouraging those with similar views to voice theirs, then that's fine.

The discussions are largely myself, Kerm and Elementa/Charles. Without other opinions against or own the server will be shaped to benefit our play style. So please, encourage everyone on the server to actively and continually voice their opinions for 1.9.
Double post and lack of formatting because mobile and writing this in free time while at work.

To give you a brief of my vision for 1.9:

While I want to limit teleportation because it's a PvE world and want the mobs to be a legitimate threat, I am suggesting a plugin that provides an alternate form of income/play style for those who don't want to venture out.

I think these two compliment each other because it will create an interest dynamic and structure for server politics. Towns can have a farmer, an enchanter, and miners. Or whatever combination they want. We might end up with a town that survives solely off what they farm and harvest and have shops accordingly.
comicIDIOT wrote:
If you'd rather find a new server instead of continuing to voice your opinion and encouraging those with similar views to voice theirs, then that's fine.

Many of us here posted our opinions on how 1.9 should be configured, but were outnumbered in support for opinions. A single server can have the support of the majority at most; other servers fill in the opinion gaps. IMO the largest deterring factor for Cemetech 1.9 will be a nonstandard map.
[quote="CVSoft"]
comicIDIOT wrote:
IMO the largest deterring factor for Cemetech 1.9 will be a nonstandard map.
Nonstandard? I believe the current proposed map types are more standard than Cemetech 1.8.
KermMartian wrote:
CVSoft wrote:
IMO the largest deterring factor for Cemetech 1.9 will be a nonstandard map.
Nonstandard? I believe the current proposed map types are more standard than Cemetech 1.8.

It's still not a standard map. I'll post about my reasoning as a deterring factor in the 1.9 Map topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours