Ivoah wrote:
Looks nice! It's a shame the images can't be centered in the circles. Also, I would strongly suggest that you make the colorblind mode be able to be changed.

Yeah, I've fixed your points. Now color-blind mode is easy to switch from the homescreen, and I remake the shapes to be centered in the circles.
Yay! Looks great!
When do you think this is going to be available for download? I cant wait!!!!!!!!
Caleb_Hill wrote:
When do you think this is going to be available for download? I cant wait!!!!!!!!
I've yet no idea; I have ported 60/300 levels, and it takes much time to do that, and I've also school etc. Secondly, I want to change some graphics and speed up the algorithm. I think it would take at least a month, but may be longer.
PT_ wrote:

Let's take again the matrix

Code:
[0,4,3,2,0]
[0,0,0,1,0]
[0,0,1,0,0]
[4,0,0,5,0]
[3,0,5,2,0]

Then my string would be

Code:

While earthnite and I were working on porting our levels we noticed that some of them have over 9 node colors. If we ported the levels for you by concatenating integers from the matrix into a string, you could end up with two digit numbers which wouldn't work well with your compression algorithm.

As a solution, I suggest using a base higher than 10 to represent your matrix. Hexadecimal digits would probably be sufficient. You can then use inString( to decode the level into the matrix.

Code:

"0020010C...->Str1  //Level encoded as string
√(length(Str1->D
{Ans,Ans->[A]
For(A,1,D
For(B,1,D
inString("0123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str1,5A+B-5,1))-1->[A](A,B
End
End

With something like this, your compression method can support more than 9 distinct colors.

P.S. I am working on modifying my level processing utility so that it can interface with different compression algorithms. We can port levels for you after TI-FLOW is released.
When are you going to release this for download?
Caleb_Hill wrote:

I'm happy to say that I'm ready for a download; I only need to wait for jonbush and earthnite who port their levels to me. After I get them, I will make a readme and upload it to the Archives. Please wait some days. In the meantime, enjoy this gif! Razz

EDIT: I just received all the levels from jonbush. They're stored in an appvar of 22304 bytes Surprised. That means that I'm ready for releasing. First TI-FLOW will be released, after that mine, so wait a few days Smile
And probably add a compressing method...

EDIT2: I will need some help with storing the coördinates of the pipes. Let's say you have a board of 14x14 with 15 different pipes. What I'm creating is a matrix from 15xmin(14*14,80), so in this case 15x80, and you may guess, I will get a memory error. Each cell indicates the X and Y-coördinate of a line. Like (5,3) would being 5.03. What is a better way to store the coördinates of the pipes? To be more exact: each pipe will fill 1 row, starting at column 1. Each move results adding the coördinates of the cursor added to the matrix, so the largest pipe will have a maximum length of 80.
PT_ wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:

I'm happy to say that I'm ready for a download; I only need to wait for jonbush and earthnite who port their levels to me. After I get them, I will make a readme and upload it to the Archives. Please wait some days. In the meantime, enjoy this gif! Razz

I cant wait!
PT_ wrote:
EDIT2: I will need some help with storing the coördinates of the pipes. Let's say you have a board of 14x14 with 15 different pipes. What I'm creating is a matrix from 15xmin(14*14,80), so in this case 15x80, and you may guess, I will get a memory error. Each cell indicates the X and Y-coördinate of a line. Like (5,3) would being 5.03. What is a better way to store the coördinates of the pipes? To be more exact: each pipe will fill 1 row, starting at column 1. Each move results adding the coördinates of the cursor added to the matrix, so the largest pipe will have a maximum length of 80.

We decided that storing the line paths would be too memory intensive for larger boards, and would limit the ability to play TI-FLOW with other other programs in the RAM. Instead of storing the paths, we have implemented a line following algorithm that finds the path of the current line in a board matrix. When an erase/thicken operation is necessary, it stores that path into a list so that it can be used. Since yours doesn't employ the thick pipe thing, it should be relatively easy compared to all of the cases we had to handle.

If you don't want to do something similar, you could also consider only expanding the matrix if it needs to be larger. Most boards won't have lines 80 spaces long, so that could immediately save memory.

If you are currently storing one position per two elements (x,y), you can encode this information into one element using either iPart( and fPart( or integer division and modulus.
Download Flow Free CSE

I've uploaded v1.0 to the Archives.
It's v1.0, because I didn't fix the bug yet, as described above. But if I have enough time to fix it, I will upload a new version. But whatever, this version works too. Keep playing and have fun!!
It seems the labels become glitched or disappear when you connect the nodes. I can't screenie right now, but if you are aware of this issue, then I'm telling you I am too. If you don't know what I'm talking about, tell me to make a screenie.
JWinslow23 wrote:
It seems the labels become glitched or disappear when you connect the nodes. I can't screenie right now, but if you are aware of this issue, then I'm telling you I am too. If you don't know what I'm talking about, tell me to make a screenie.

Oops yes. I did know that but I totally forgot. Thanks for reporting!
PT_ wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

No problem. Also an issue: Level 7 in the Regular Pack is totally unplayable, with more than two nodes of some colors, and no way to fill the entire screen with pipes anyways. Perhaps this is a corruption or reading issue, but I'd also like to point this out.

EDIT: I tested no other packs as of yet, but it seems that this issue happens in all levels 7 and onwards on the Regular Pack, making it virtually uncompletable.

Also, a minor inconvenience, but nothing too bad: when you are making a pipe of one color, and you draw over a pipe of another color, that drawn-over segment of the other color pipe isn't erased to make room for the new color. If this behavior was added, it would be a bit more like the original Flow.

Hope I helped!
Yeah I noticed that too in a bunch of levels, like first lvl 9x9(2 pairs light blue), first lvl jumbo(2 pairs pink), or first level rainbow pack(2 pairs red and missing one flow dot out of the yellow pair). It seems that the smaller levels are mostly fine, but I havent really checked though.
awesommee333 wrote:
Yeah I noticed that too in a bunch of levels, like first lvl 9x9(2 pairs light blue), first lvl jumbo(2 pairs pink), or first level rainbow pack(2 pairs red and missing one flow dot out of the yellow pair). It seems that the smaller levels are mostly fine, but I havent really checked though.

I'm pretty sure I encoded things correctly, but this may be my fault. I'll look in to it.

EDIT: The levels seem to be encoded correctly based off of the specifications that PT_ provided. There are no symbols (1-F) that appear more or less than twice in each level.
JWinslow23 wrote:
PT_ wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

No problem. Also an issue: Level 7 in the Regular Pack is totally unplayable, with more than two nodes of some colors, and no way to fill the entire screen with pipes anyways. Perhaps this is a corruption or reading issue, but I'd also like to point this out.

EDIT: I tested no other packs as of yet, but it seems that this issue happens in all levels 7 and onwards on the Regular Pack, making it virtually uncompletable.

Also, a minor inconvenience, but nothing too bad: when you are making a pipe of one color, and you draw over a pipe of another color, that drawn-over segment of the other color pipe isn't erased to make room for the new color. If this behavior was added, it would be a bit more like the original Flow.

Hope I helped!
Many thanks for reporting this! I figured that out too, and changed it, but accidentally don't upload it Sad . I will upload v1.1. The bug appears in all the levels which size is NOT 5x5, so that you know it.

JWinslow23 wrote:

I've fixed this bug too; I only changed two characters..
PT_ wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:
PT_ wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

Hope I helped!
Many thanks for reporting this! I figured that out too, and changed it, but accidentally don't upload it Sad . I will upload v1.1. The bug appears in all the levels which size is NOT 5x5, so that you know it.

JWinslow23 wrote:

I've fixed this bug too; I only changed two characters..

Oh, OK. I remember another time (specifically, FNAF for TI-84+) where the creator accidentally uploaded an incomplete version of his game. I totally understand. Smile

And awesome. I see you changed the labels, too, from symbols to numbers. Looks nice. Wink
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but level 10 of the Regular Pack appears to be unsolvable. It's not really that big of a problem, except for the fact that it makes it where none of the following levels in the pack are counted as complete. It's probably something I could fix myself if I knew what I was doing, but I don't. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at it I'd appreciate it. I've attached a picture of the level (taken with my phone bc I wasn't able to screenshot it for some reason) for reference. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours