merthsoft wrote:
Me and the always awesome JamesV!!
It was great to finally meet face to face!

Also here is a snap from a few days earlier when I had the honour of catching up with Kerm and elfprince13 for breakfast in NYC Smile Apologies for the fact that I'd only had around 3 hours sleep after a big night out celebrating my brothers birthday Razz
Thanks for posting that, James! I had been meaning to post it myself, then life got ridiculous with traveling for a while. The honor of meeting you was all mine/ours, I'm sure, and I hope the tour is going reasonably well (theft and vandalism notwithstanding).
*bump* I brought my N-scale P42 diesel-electric locomotive with me on Amtrak so I could get a photo with its (much) larger sibling:

I saw this on twitter, nice Smile
Ivoah wrote:
I saw this on twitter, nice Smile
Indeed, it was there first, and it got an obligatory response from Amtrak:

RI Comic Con was this weekend. Among other highlights, we got to meet Ming-Na Wen, of Stargate, Agents of SHIELD, and Mulan fame.

IMG_3553 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
Woo, congrats, that sounds like fun. You omitted Courtney's whisk and plunger in this photo, unfortunately. Razz Did you also see Alex Kingston and Karen Gillan there?
Yeah, and a lot of the Star Trek:TNG bridge crew, but we only wanted to wait through so many celebrity lines. We did go to the panel with Jason Momoa though, which was pretty cool.
geekboy1011 mailed me a nice (and mostly delicious*) early Christmas gift on Monday and it arrived just today. Many thanks!

In the background is my laptop computer with the second monitor attached to it for dual-screen goodness. The laptop keyboard is worn out so I had to attach an external keyboard, which you see in the foreground.

* You can't reasonably expect me to eat the Gameboy, can you? On a side note: DAMMIT I NEED TO STOP SCARFING DOWN THE CANDIES
Is that....a 1989 Gameboy with Pokemon Blue?

Unrelatedly, here's my enjoying the local rock gym:

IMG_1249 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
You do look like you're enjoying it. Did your adviser take you this time, or was this an independent trip?
Nice work, elfprince! Indoor rock climbing is a lot of fun, I think I need to go again when I get home
KermM: the place I've gone climbing with my adviser on a couple occasions is owned by the same people, but at a different location (near Providence), whereas this one is much closer to our apartment. I've been going with some church friends about once a week.

JamesV: thanks! Somehow I'm not surprised that our resident skydiver likes going up as well as down Wink
So my mom and I were behind this car driving back from my doctor's appointment:

I went rock climbing when I left my job earlier this year and haven't been back. It was a lot of fun and want to do it again; I also have that very same Doctor Who shirt.
It's a great exercise for programmers, because it's both very strategic and strengthens a lot of the muscles that can be susceptible to programming-related RSIs.
pimath: Haha, nice catch there. I guess we know that you were driving behind Robert Plante.
elfprince13 wrote:
It's a great exercise for programmers, because it's both very strategic and strengthens a lot of the muscles that can be susceptible to programming-related RSIs.

I can believe how many people do rock climbing on this site. Here is a pic of me:

Rock climbing and coding. the two best activities.
Fun! It looks like that route is about to get pretty over-hangy, unless you wrap back around to the left side. How often do you climb?
elfprince13 wrote:
Fun! It looks like that route is about to get pretty over-hangy, unless you wrap back around to the left side. How often do you climb?

pretty often. That route was only a 5.10c, If I remember correctly. But the holds were pretty simple crimps and jugs, so it wasn't to hard.
I climb at Earth Treks, and go as often as I can when It fits in my budget and schedule.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 124, 125, 126  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 118 of 126
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours