LuckyGhost wrote:
your going to need the source code (which you have to get from the author), and an understanding of assembly programming.

I have the source
And an understanding of assembly programming? Oh, and what you run on your calculator is the compiled program (which i don't believe is possible to edit), not the source code.
Very nice. I have 2 questions:

1. Will the color version work on the CE as well? I could only assume so since it doesn't need a shell or anything.

2. How exactly could I install a speaker/audio output device in the CE? Is it possible to put the speaker inside the calc or is there not enough room? Plus, how easy would it be to add a headphone jack? I'm not super experienced in hardware so I may not do it any time soon (if at all) but I would still like to know. I really want to try doing things with sound here soon.

I know there may be a topic covering how to install a speakerphone but I couldn't find one.
Michael2_3B wrote:
Very nice. I have 2 questions:

1. Will the color version work on the CE as well? I could only assume so since it doesn't need a shell or anything.

2. How exactly could I install a speaker/audio output device in the CE? Is it possible to put the speaker inside the calc or is there not enough room? Plus, how easy would it be to add a headphone jack? I'm not super experienced in hardware so I may not do it any time soon (if at all) but I would still like to know. I really want to try doing things with sound here soon.

I know there may be a topic covering how to install a speakerphone but I couldn't find one.

This program won't work on the CE because it doesn't have a 2.5mm linkport. The linkport is used to generate the audio waveforms.
Well, would there be a way to connect the USB end of the calc2computer cable into a speaker or something? Or how could I do that? What would take the data from the calculator correctly?
Michael2_3B wrote:
Well, would there be a way to connect the USB end of the calc2computer cable into a speaker or something? Or how could I do that? What would take the data from the calculator correctly?

In theory, it would be possible to use the mini USB port to get music, but for now, noone has done such a thing as far as I know. speaskers have tons of different kinds of input, of course nowadays, the most common input for a speaker is just a 3.5mm audio jack, but I have a speaker who's input is a micro usb port, and the wire is pretty odd, since it connects to a 3.5mm audio jack, anyway, asm programmers might be able to tell you the specifics on how to do this, but since all you would have to do is send a single to a specific port, It should be feasible Smile
Nice program amihart! I tried it out and was wondering how I might be able to play multiple notes and/or sound effects simultaneously rather than playing one note at a time.

Edit:Btw can you add pauses between notes?

Edit:To answer my own question I have found a way to add pauses between notes, like this for example:"08A1,##$#,08A1"
Asm(NOTEMAN)
The note "##$#" will create a pause between two notes that lasts 1 beat.
You will also need the program charz (https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1087)in order to type "##$#" because "##$#" isn't normally available on the calculator.
[/b]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours