So… I have some goals for my Prizm programming—the end goal is making two apps that I have good ideas for (actually, both of my ideas are just redoing some TI-84 apps that I want for my Prizm, so not really MY ideas, but..). But first, I figured I should get more comfortable with Casio BASIC and programming in general (hence I am writing basic programs and also trying to learn python). That was probably a smart idea because I’m pretty good at getting stuck and making mistakes, even in simple programs.

Here are some problems I’m dealing with now… I would love any help/suggestions you have! I apologize if anything I ask already has an explanation on WikiPrizm or has been asked here in the forums. After failing to figure these problems out on my own, I tried to look through those sources first before asking. Also I apologize if I use terminology incorrectly. If I don’t ask something clearly, please let me know, and I’ll try to clarify.

1. Is there a way to make a program print all the solutions in a list without having to use the step function? Last fall, I needed to print multiple solutions, and someone on here told me about the step function. That worked really well when I only needed to step through 2 or 3 answers. Now, I want all the solutions of a loop. For example, I am trying the (seemingly) simple task of printing all the even numbers within a range. It would be nicer if I didn’t have to hit enter for every new number that fits the parameters, especially for large ranges with lots of answers.

2. Assuming there is a way to print out a long list of numbers, is there a way to be able to scroll through them? If I have a list of 40 numbers, I am guessing that the calculator’s instinct is to zip through them all the way to the bottom. Is there a way to enable me to go up and down to look through the list?

3. In a different program, I want to be able to concatenate a variable and a normal number and a character. For example, I’m trying to make a program that does prime factorization. I need to be able to display the answer: 2^a, 3^b, 5^c, etc. where a, b, and c are all variable answers. When I input the number 8 in my 2factor program, I want it to print the result as 2^3. I make do with simply printing 3 because otherwise all I can manage is 2^a. How can I get the program to replace the a with 3 (or whatever the answer is, depending on the input) when I display the answer?

Thank you,
Lily
Hi Lily,

Unfortunately I have no experience with Casio BASIC, so sorry for not being able to help directly. I don't know how different the below manual is to PrizmWiki and if you already looked at it: http://www.casioeducation.com/resource/manuals/PRIZM%20FX-CG10/Software_User_Guide_English.pdf. Its section 8 deals with BASIC and has lots of reference material starting at page 295. Hope it can help you or someone else here.

I searched through the above and PrizmWiki earlier because I wanted to know:
1) if BASIC can call/execute other add-ins (i.e. g3a files) and/or
2) make file renaming/copying operations in the storage memory.
I suspect none of this is possible but if someone can confirm or contradict this please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

A~nka
You are going to find that a lot of the syntaxes in Casio BASIC is very similar to that of TI BASIC, which you can find a lot of information here: http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/

You can find specific Casio BASIC things in this thread that I've noticed while programming on my prizm: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10463

If you have any coding questions, feel free to post up code for us to look at and we'll see what we can do to help!
tifreak8x wrote:
You are going to find that a lot of the syntaxes in Casio BASIC is very similar to that of TI BASIC, which you can find a lot of information here: http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/

You can find specific Casio BASIC things in this thread that I've noticed while programming on my prizm: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10463

If you have any coding questions, feel free to post up code for us to look at and we'll see what we can do to help!

Thanks for this - nice tutorial and good to see notes on Casio differences. We should bump it or update at least as soon as more differences are know.

Speaking about differences: do TI commands Archive and UnArchive actually move or/and hide any files? Sorry, I don't have TI hardware to try and not sure from the descriptions. Also if it is not in the casio manual - is it still possible that casio can execute such commands or can it mess up the calculator?

Thanks in advance
The Casio calc has its own set of tokens it uses via the various menus on the calc, they won't be exactly like the TI ones, but they are closely named in quite a few instances.

I really should start work on a Casio tutorial to see about fixing up some of this lack of knowledge about the BASIC language for them.
Okay, I have another question-- not programming this time, just general use.

I'm using the Statistics menu and lists. I want to be able to input my x-list and my y-list and then be able to define a third list based on the values for the first two. For example, to have list1 be x-values, list2 be y-values, and list3 be x_n + y_n. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours