So this is my last year in marching band in high school, so I thought I'd make a topic here. I play in the pit (aka the front ensemble). Freshman and sophomore years I played vibraphone, junior year I played marimba, and this year I play xylophone.

Here was my freshman year's show:

sophomore year:

junior year:

this year (incomplete video incoming):

So how do you like these? Were you in/are you in marching band? Feel free to discuss and post your own videos.
Nice! Very cool. Playing instruments isn't as popular as it used to be, but I've found it pays dividends when appreciating music. And, of course, music is math,

(I did Clarinet in concert band and snare drums in marching. Also trained as a classical pianist, but I don't really play any longer.)
Nice I play baritone and we performed our show for our first competition yesterday. Very Happy
allynfolksjr wrote:
Nice! Very cool. Playing instruments isn't as popular as it used to be, but I've found it pays dividends when appreciating music. And, of course, music is math,

(I did Clarinet in concert band and snare drums in marching. Also trained as a classical pianist, but I don't really play any longer.)

Cool! High School and/or college marching band?

zabba wrote:
Nice I play baritone and we performed our show for our first competition yesterday. Very Happy

I play Euph on the side, so I'm very familiar with said valved tenor brass instrument. Do you have a video?
Wow, that's like three times the size of our band!...But, then again, I DO go to the smallest public school in my county....
I don't play in the marching band, but I do play guitar in the school's Jazz Band.
gaventemples31415 wrote:
Wow, that's like three times the size of our band!...But, then again, I DO go to the smallest public school in my county....
I don't play in the marching band, but I do play guitar in the school's Jazz Band.

I play piano and vibes in my school's jazz band. Rhythm section ftw!
pimathbrainiac wrote:

zabba wrote:

I play Euph on the side, so I'm very familiar with said valved tenor brass instrument. Do you have a video?

Interesting, I also play the euphonium. Here is a clip from our school district honor band when I was in high school. I played the euph solo at 2:16.

Just saying, I did not expect to find a topic like this on cemetech!
But I do love Marching Band. I am only in my freshman year, but this is my second year marching percussion in the Rockville HS Band. I love marching band, and I love this site! Wow...
pimathbraniac wrote:
I play piano and vibes in my school's jazz band. Rhythm section ftw!

Haha! I would play piano, since I'm a better pianist than guitarist, but my best friend won't let me since she's the "school's unofficial pianist" and we only have one grand piano available for the band! XD
zabba wrote:

I also march baritone. I won't say the school due to privacy and band pride. (My actions do not necessarily represent the entire band.) My school's band is fairly well-known in my state and region.
ReGuess wrote:
zabba wrote:

I also march baritone. I won't say the school due to privacy and band pride. (My actions do not necessarily represent the entire band.) My school's band is fairly well-known in my state and region.

Broken Arrow or Ayala! (jk, although that would be awesome)
pimathbrainiac wrote:
ReGuess wrote:
zabba wrote:

Since I'm a senior and band season's over now, I'm comfortable saying I was a baritone in the Castle Marching Knights of Newburgh, IN, which placed 1st in 2014 BOA Regionals, 7th at State in 2014, 2nd in 2015 BOA Regionals, and 4th in State last Saturday.
Cool stuff guys! Our school didn't have a marching band, but our concert band would always have to practice marching for two nearby Memorial Day parades every year. I played trumpet for 8 or 9 years, but sadly it's not an instrument you can really practice in a dorm, and I haven't had a lot of time since moving back into my own place to pick it up again.
I'm in marching band as well. We just did our Nationals show and got a 95.613. So that concludes my freshman year and I plan to have many more as well.

I play the alto sax, and I'm the second one to the right in that front line in the beginning (where we actually start marching)
ReGuess wrote:
pimathbrainiac wrote:
ReGuess wrote:
zabba wrote:

Since I'm a senior and band season's over now, I'm comfortable saying I was a baritone in the Castle Marching Knights of Newburgh, IN, which placed 1st in 2014 BOA Regionals, 7th at State in 2014, 2nd in 2015 BOA Regionals, and 4th in State last Saturday.

That Angels in the Architecture tho.

Nicely done, if I may say so myself! We sadly got rained out for our last competition last Saturday, but we had a stage performance yesterday. I'll post a video later.

123outerme wrote:
I'm in marching band as well. We just did our Nationals show and got a 95.613. So that concludes my freshman year and I plan to have many more as well.

I play the alto sax, and I'm the second one to the right in that front line in the beginning (where we actually start marching)

Cool USBands! I remember having the highest score in a USBands regional my freshman year. We did Equus in our show this year too (different arrangement, though, obviously) Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours