amazonka wrote:
I'm curious if I should get 83pce instead of 84pce. Besides English writings on the faceplate what would I be missing please? Will apps development be the same for both calculators and work the same on them? If so the only trade off seems to be using a different keyboard to gain exact math or am I wrong about it please? Is 83PCE permitted on French exams only?

Apps, programs, etc. are all the same, yes.
Also, the 83PCE is allowed on French exams, but it's unknown if it is allowed on others, since it's not exactly supposed to be available anywhere else. I suppose it could, but that's really just my opinion. You'd have to check with whichever exam board you will depend on.

amazonka wrote:
Assuming 83PCE has everything 84PCE has plus exact math, what is the likelihood of 83PCE OS being modded to use a keyboard closer to 84PCE layout before being uploaded to 84PCE please? Is something particular making it impossible?

I'm absolutely no z80 expert (I've only done TI-Basic coding on them -though quite a lot, sure-, that's all), so I don't know how difficult it would be to remap the keyboard. I'll let the knowledgeable people reply.

amazonka wrote:
Obviously if 83PCE misses some 84PCE feature, what are they and what would be the chances of modding the 84PCE OS to include exact math please?

I don't believe so. The 83PCE is an improved 84+CE - nothing removed AFAIK.
Same reply as just above regarding the modding.

Oh and BTW, I missed something quite important on that 83PCE OS on 84+CE: PTT is also different, since on the 83PCE, TI apps remain usable/not deleted.
KermMartian wrote:
mschmaud wrote:
I downloaded the Pacman file and put it on my TI-84 Plus CE, but every time I try to run the program it says "Argument Error". It also does this when I try and run most other things on my calculator, even the ones that were on the calculator when I bought it. Please help me with this it's so frustrating!
Which programs/Apps that were on your calculator when you bought it cause this? What happens if you run PacMan via Asm(prgmPACMAN) (the Asm( token is in the Catalog, [2nd][0])?

I have the same problem but when I run the program with the Asm( token I see: Error: invalid, attempted to use a variable or function where it is not valid. Can you please help me? Question
What calculator model do you have? Which program(s) are you trying to run?
I've got the TI-84 plus CE-T and have this problems with multiple programs, like the pacman file you posted
Its pretty odd the turn that this forum has taken. From Games to TI83PCE modding
Please keep us updated Kerm on the DCS Status though. I am super happy to hear that It may not be impossible. Just wondering: is the encryption key needed to make Flash applications in the first place, or just for the capabilities that DCS will need?
Daanko108 wrote:
I've got the TI-84 plus CE-T and have this problems with multiple programs, like the pacman file you posted

We've been running ASM programs on 5.0.0, 5.0.0 and 5.1 on the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE without any difficulty. It would seem unlikely that the 84 Plus CE-T suddenly had issues with those (and anyway, I'm sure that Critor and BrandonW, who have those models, haven't had issues either).
Can you post what versions it's running? At the home screen, press [Mode][Alpha][ln]. (Then quit the screen when you're done, don't press enter)

Caleb_Hill wrote:
Its pretty odd the turn that this forum has taken. From Games to TI83PCE modding
Please keep us updated Kerm on the DCS Status though. I am super happy to hear that It may not be impossible. Just wondering: is the encryption key needed to make Flash applications in the first place, or just for the capabilities that DCS will need?

First and foremost, the signing key is necessary to create valid APPs.
Then, some features can only work with apps, but some don't need it (i.e an ASM program would be sufficient).
Adriweb wrote:
Daanko108 wrote:

We've been running ASM programs on 5.0.0, 5.0.0 and 5.1 on the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE without any difficulty. It would seem unlikely that the 84 Plus CE-T suddenly had issues with those (and anyway, I'm sure that Critor and BrandonW, who have those models, haven't had issues either).
Can you post what versions it's running? At the home screen, press [Mode][Alpha][ln]. (Then quit the screen when you're done, don't press enter)

Adriweb wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:

First and foremost, the signing key is necessary to create valid APPs.
Then, some features can only work with apps, but some don't need it (i.e an ASM program would be sufficient).

Thanks for the clarification!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours