So yeah the topic lies There is not one, but hopefully we can fix that with this topic!

I am trying to get the equivalent of the TI-Smartpad app working on A CSE, Sadly I can not seem to find the docs available for the relevant bcalls for it. Do we know if Ti has removed them from the CSE os?

Alternatively, Is there something like linky that could be used to emulate a USB HID keyboard on the CSE?

Original USBPAD8X link which is the idea behind this whole thing.
https://www.omnimaga.org/the-axe-parser-project/usbpad8x-usb-keyboard-axiom/
Let me make this much more concrete. What we need are the equates of THREE very specific bcalls on the TI-84+CSE:

Code:
    bcall(5308h);_SendSmartPadKeypress
    bcall(530Bh);_ToggleUSBSmartPadInput
    bcall(5311h);_RecycleUSB

And here's the original program:

Code:
;usbpad8x - Axe Axiom
;made by fortytwo on 13 April 2013
;mimics a USB keyboard by using the Smartview keypress bcall, which mimics a keyboard
;very well.
;usage:
;LabelOn   enables the keyboard
;LabelOff  disables the keyboard
;setDtFmt(modifier,Key) sends a keypress. The key is a USB HID keyboard scancode.
;
;assembled with Brass

#include "axe.inc"
#include "tokenhook.inc"
.binarymode TI8X
.tivariabletype 15h
.tiarchived
.list
.org 0000h
.dw $C0DE
_headSetup:
    .dw _headSendKeypress - _setup
    .db 1Fh
    .db 7Eh,0Ch
    .db 00h
    .db 00h
_setup:
    .relocate 0000h
    bcall(_RunIndicOff)
    ld a,1
    bcall(_RecycleUSB)
    .endrelocate
_headSendKeypress:
    .dw _headExit - _sendkeypress
    .db 1Fh
    .db EFh,03h
    .db 00h
    .db 02h
_sendkeypress:
    .relocate 0000h
    ld a,l
    pop hl
    ld b,l
    ei
    ld a,41h
    out (36h),a
    xor a
    out (37h),a
    ld a,10
    out (38h),a
timerloop:
    in a,(4)
    bit 7,a
    jr z,timerloop
    .endrelocate
_headExit:
    .dw _end - _exit
    .echo "sendkeypress is "
    .echo _end - _exit
    .echoln " bytes large"
    .db 1Fh
    .db 7Eh,0Dh
    .db 00h
    .db 00h
_exit:
    .relocate 0000h
    xor a
    ld b,a
    ei
    ld a,41h
    out (36h),a
    xor a
    out (37h),a
    ld a,10
    out (38h),a
exittimerloop:
    in a,(4)
    bit 7,a
    jr z,exittimerloop
    xor a
    bcall(5311h);_RecycleUSB
    .endrelocate
_end:
    .dw 0000h
KermMartian wrote:
Let me make this much more concrete. What we need are the equates of THREE very specific bcalls on the TI-84+CSE:

Code:

bcall(5311h);_RecycleUSB

52E7h, 52EAh, and 52F0h, respectively. You're welcome.
Thank you brandon they worked perfectly!

Ivoah JonBush Are you sending the 8xv from the axiom on omnimaga? if yes make sure to mark it as for going to archive. Hooloovoo generated it with that flag set. If that does not work recompile it but remove the line .tiarchived from the source. I had the same issue.

DOWNLOAD

With brandonw's permission I will upload this to the archives as its mostly his work. I just removed a feature updated some equates and changed HID codes.
geekboy1011 wrote:

Ivoah JonBush Are you sending the 8xv from the axiom on omnimaga? if yes make sure to mark it as for going to archive. Hooloovoo generated it with that flag set. If that does not work recompile it but remove the line .tiarchived from the source. I had the same issue.

I am using the 8xv from Omnimaga. I tried deleting the line and running the Assemble.bat script, but it reports that the build failed.
what is the issue the assembler give you?
geekboy1011 wrote:
what is the issue the assembler give you?

Code:
Error: Label 'equ' already defined. [tokenhook.inc:798]
Error: Instruction '50ah' not understood. [tokenhook.inc:798]
Error: Label 'equ' already defined. [tokenhook.inc:799]
Error: Instruction '50ch' not understood. [tokenhook.inc:799]
[....repeats many times]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(_RunIndicOff)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:29]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(530Bh)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:31]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(_RecycleUSB)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:32]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(5308h)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:45]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(5308h)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:71]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(530Bh)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:84]
Error: Invalid label name 'bcall(5311h)' (Parentheses not permitted - maybe macro 'bcall' not defined). [usbpad8x.asm:85]
Pass 1 complete. (1331ms).
Pass 1 failed, pass 2 therefore skipped.
Errors: 1554, Warnings: 0.
Build failed.

C:\Users\jon\Desktop\usbpad8x>move usbpad8x.8xp usbpad8x.8xv
The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Users\jon\Desktop\usbpad8x>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Editor's note: In the future, you just need an example of each type of the same error, not the full list of every duplicate.
This thread is relevant to my interests.

A reminder for various reasons that this earlier thread also has documentation: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6972 so it isn't lost history.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours