I know I give the admins here a continual amount of cruft regarding their abilities, competencies, and utter failures at life, but I do have to commend them on one simple thing: not releasing any alpha pre-working versions of their site code to production.

It takes a good steady hand on the tiller and excellent strategic outlook to keep a site running without interruption, and I think cemetech has done it while continually adding little features without largely dumping and ignoring the users in the process.

Kudos everyone.
We do what we can. Thanks for your support!
I gotta say - and this could be a first - that I'm with Nikky on this one.
I have to agree, unless in emergency situations where this can sometimes be inevitable (such as major security breaches being discovered in the current version of the forum software or its modifications, then the upgrade breaking compatibility with said modifications), although I am not fond of the Youtube/Microsoft/Facebook philosophy of imposing changes to users and not listening to them. It's also nice to inform your users a few days in advance if any drastic change and feature loss is gonna happen.
I think the cemetech admins do an outstanding job of addressing potential problems before they cause widespread issues. Release management and problem mitigation are two excellent qualities in webmasters, and Kerm handles both excellently.
My signature is down all the time, I'm pretty sure the staff finds it too enlightening each time and removes it because I have exposed truths that only idiots with an IQ (how smart you are) of 195 or lower would be unable to comprehend (make sense of)

How monosyllabic of them
/me is ignoring ashbad

thanks all! and im back, momentarily.
Thanks for providing a community that I can be open in. Cemetech has truly been a great place to talk about anything.
Thanks for having Cemetech exist. This site has inspired many of my projects.
I would like to thank admins for not having constantly put the blame on the user's end whenever Cemetech website is unreachable or has any other technical issues. Sometimes, it might be something out of their control such as DNS issues, but it's good that they don't always immediately jump to the conclusion that it's the user's ISP fault or the user himself.

If every other group and companies did that when people report software/game bugs or site downtimes, then they wouldn't alienate their customer base and I know that no group/company wants to lose customers and users.
Just gotta bump this. Cemetech's uptime continues to be superb!
allynfolksjr wrote:
Just gotta bump this. Cemetech's uptime continues to be superb!

+1. Whilst I'm not on every day, I can't recall any instance where I've tried to log on and found the site not working - awesome job Kerm & Co.!
I take this all back. The administrators are clueless.
We can't all be hardcore professional web developers like nikky.

<3
I heard he likes to do front end dev and loves working with PHP. We should encourage him help the next time we restyle the Cemetech Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
I heard he likes to do front end dev and loves working with PHP. We should encourage him help the next time we restyle the Cemetech Smile

He will change the logo to Semetech. Shock

EDIT: Also while Cemetech administration isn't perfect, I think they have done a rather good job so far at not putting the blame on users when the site is down (and that's when Cemetech experiences actual downtime, which is rare) and not yelling at people if they don't report a bug 100% exactly like the admins want. This and perhaps some other things are probably why the site activity has remained steady over the last three years.
Indeed, the staff have been really great for the few months that I've been here. (almost a year Shock) The new theme may need some work, but its coming along, anyways Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours