Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question.

How do I make a new language pack for my TI calculator? (Type mentioned above). I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Sten
First of all, welcome to Cemetech! Glad to have you here Smile

Secondly, I would recommend using hybrid basic (which comes with Doors, however it is not out for the CE yet, so you'll have to wait) or Assembly rather than trying to create a new language. I'm not exactly sure how (or even if you can), but it involves some pretty advanced thinking.

However, you can kind of make another "language" by programming it in TI-Basic, but you would still be limited to TI-Basic commands. It wouldn't really be a new language, but what I mean is like you could make a program where you input your code, in a made up language. So in the new "language", you could do something like draw.Circle(X,Y,Radius) rather than the default Circle(), or you could make up a command that runs a certain routine. The user, for example, could type in the whole command, or you could have a "tab" option to insert the command it thinks your typing. It just depends on how you want to program the IDE.

Hope this helps. If you're wanting something else, I'm sure someone else can help you Smile
Michael2_3B wrote:
First of all, welcome to Cemetech! Glad to have you here Smile

Secondly, I would recommend using hybrid basic (which comes with Doors, however it is not out for the CE yet, so you'll have to wait) or Assembly rather than trying to create a new language. I'm not exactly sure how (or even if you can), but it involves some pretty advanced thinking.

However, you can kind of make another "language" by programming it in TI-Basic, but you would still be limited to TI-Basic commands. It wouldn't really be a new language, but what I mean is like you could make a program where you input your code, in a made up language. So in the new "language", you could do something like draw.Circle(X,Y,Radius) rather than the default Circle(), or you could make up a command that runs a certain routine. The user, for example, could type in the whole command, or you could have a "tab" option to insert the command it thinks your typing. It just depends on how you want to program the IDE.

Hope this helps. If you're wanting something else, I'm sure someone else can help you Smile

Thanks for your reply and thanks for welcoming me!

I know I can just write applications, but I really want to make the whole system in my language. I hope someone else knows how to do it, thanks for your help anyway!
Stenlan wrote:
I know I can just write applications, but I really want to make the whole system in my language. I hope someone else knows how to do it, thanks for your help anyway!

Do you mean something like this? If your language is not in that list, download another language, try to get the sourcecode of it and modify it.

Otherwise, I've no idea what you mean Razz
PT_ wrote:
Stenlan wrote:

Do you mean something like this? If your language is not in that list, download another language, try to get the sourcecode of it and modify it.

Otherwise, I've no idea what you mean Razz

Yes I have tried that. It didn't work, the language was not valid. This is for a very specific purpose, so I think creating my own language pack is the only solution. Thanks anyways!
So you want to veiw your calculator in a different language then english? And those pograms that PT mentioned don't include the language? What is the language that you want on your calculator?

Or are you trying to create a new programming language?
I think he wants the system to express itself through a different, non-programming human interaction language.
At this stage, only TI can do that. If they don't support your language, you're out of luck.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
I think he wants the system to express itself through a different, non-programming human interaction language.
At this stage, only TI can do that. If they don't support your language, you're out of luck.

Yes that's what I want. Thanks for your answer

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours