It's that time of the year again. Usually I'm more on-top of this but I no longer work retail and this sale has (almost) snuck past me. With a text from KermMartian about a possible sale on the TI 84+CE I texted a buddy of mine for details.

I'm pleased to pass on that you can buy the TI-84+CE for 89.99+Tax from Target, you can order online and have it delivered (when it's back in-stock) or you can pick it up in store or, you can give them a call and give them this product number: 056-15-0072. Walking in and having the number handy is helpful as well. I'd recommend calling ahead or checking online to see if your local Target has it in-stock. The sale ends Saturday, August 1st!

Of course, being a former Team Member I'd like to pass off more savings. If you or your parents have a RedCard, you save an additional 5%! (Plus something like 1% goes to the school of their choice, so have them chose your school.) There's a debit and a credit version of the card.

Another plug, why not pick up "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" for your non CE calculator? Wink

Secondly, other options exist as well. Wal*Mart does not have this same price but I believe they price match. If you have a more preferred retailer, doesn't hurt to ask if they price match competitors. You'll either need a paper ad or the online page to prove the sale. If you need an ad, walk in to a Target and ask for one then walk out. Or buy the calculator while you're there. Razz Graphing Calculator

If there are any other sales on calculators, feel free to post them here.
This is a really great sale, considering that our TI-84 Plus CE review indicated the MSRP of the calculator is in the $120-$130 range. Thanks for researching and sharing this, comic! I'll be sure to frontpage-news it along with TI's new "ILYTI" contest (more information) in which you can win a TI-84+CE.
Darn I wish that we still had Target in Canada (and that they actually sold TI calcs when they were around)
That is quite a deal there. Too bad they only have black. Sad I already have a black one. I've been waiting for retailers to get the other colours in.
DJ_O wrote:
Darn I wish that we still had Target in Canada (and that they actually sold TI calcs when they were around)

I thought you were from Quebec... I'm from Quebec and there are targets here... don't know if they sell calculators or not tho, but we do have targets in Canada Wink
Uh, unless it's not all stores but Target Canada ceased operations.

Regarding color, that's what the PDA shows, there could be other colors but I haven't checked myself. I plan to today.
mr womp womp wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

I thought you were from Quebec... I'm from Quebec and there are targets here... don't know if they sell calculators or not tho, but we do have targets in Canada Wink
Er they all closed in Quebec too. The ones in Quebec City area all closed between april 1st and 4th. I went on the last day and everything was 90% off (although an hour before closing I heard that everything was 98% off)
Heads-up to any potential buyers: it was out of stock online when I last checked yesterday, but it's currently back in stock.

EDIT: Just bought mine at a nearby Target. It seems that black is indeed the only color stocked, so if you're really itching for another color, this sale unfortunately isn't for you.
Okay well, I'm really considering purchasing one now, I mean, at 150$, I felt like there were better places to invest in (I don't technically need one and with the signing key thing not going too well...xD) but now at this much more affordable price, I might be scurrying on over to the states to grab one before they're gone, I'm going to Ottawa tomorrow, but of course that's in Canada, if I do come up with the money to buy one, I shall make a detour around Plattsburgh (the nearest Target right by the border) and grab one while I still can Razz I'll let you guys know if I do get my hands on one of these fab calcs Wink

EDIT: After looking into it a little more and actually thinking about it, I remembered that that's 90 USD, which is currently worth about 25% more than CDN$, and to that, I'd have to add both American(7% in new york) and the two Canadian sales taxes (15% in Quebec) since I'd have to declare it at the borders, so it would actually end up being $138CDN for me, plus the price of gas to get there so it actually ends up being the same price as anywhere else :/ this being said, I'm not completely ruling out the possibilty of purchasing one, but it might be better to wait for a sale in Canada, since the money here is already worth less/worthless |o|
"necrobump" I got a CE for $15 during Black Friday. Very Happy

Just wanted to say that.
caleb1997 wrote:
"necrobump" I got a CE for $15 during Black Friday. Very Happy

Just wanted to say that.

WHAAAT
How?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours