Is there a way for a teacher to sign up to test new TI models?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Found a promo video on youtube!

I don't get why it's private. Or is it just me?
They made it private after we covered it; presumably it was an accident that it was public in the first place. You should check out our much-updated information posted here, though:
TI France's TI-83 Premium CE Hints at TI-84 Plus CE Features. We also hope to have more news for you on Monday.
*sigh* and I spent $120 on the Silver Edition C this past summer. I'll never be able to convince my parents to get me this new one, they won't understand the difference in tech specs...

Sad

Hopefully, some store out there will allow me to exchange or "upgrade" from the silver edition C to the CE.
Good luck. The TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is still a plenty-capable calculator, in my opinion, and until/unless we get an App key for the new calculator, it's likely that ASM development for the TI-84 Plus CE will be anemic at best. Also, welcome to Cemetech! Feel free to Introduce Yourself in our topic for that purpose if you get a chance.
Thanks for the welcoming!

It's more I just want the OS 5.0 (and idk if there is a way to "jailbreak" it onto the 84 Silver Edition C)
Quote:
and until/unless we get an App key for the new calculator, it's likely that ASM development for the TI-84 Plus CE will be anemic at best

Hmm, there's no good reason for that IMO Smile
* ASM programs are pretty capable, as evidenced by the TI-68k series where FlashApps have always been pretty much as unpopular as ASM programs on the TI-Z80 series;
* on the TI-eZ80 series, I could read that the Flash memory is even slower than the RAM is, so ASM programs executing from RAM will handsomely beat FlashApps.
RedAgent14 wrote:
Thanks for the welcoming!

It's more I just want the OS 5.0 (and idk if there is a way to "jailbreak" it onto the 84 Silver Edition C)
OS 5.0 brings no new math/science features. It's essentially OS 4.0, re-written in ez80 assembly, with changes to the way files are stored to support the larger RAM. It cannot run on the CSE, because of the ez80 code, and there would be no point in modifying it for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, because none of its changes apply to the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition hardware.
Is there a way to test if the calculator is a TI-84+CE or a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition using basic without any errors? I know there is a way to use the graph screen to check if it is a monochrome or color edition calculator. Is there anything like that? I think the matrices can only be 40x40 on the CE because I read some post by DJ_O, but I don't know how that could be used to check the version.
use one of the commands that arent present on the CE, like the send( command. that would prevent CE calcs from running CSE programs. but, why would you want to do this? I mean, sure, the calc is faster, but some people wont have both calcs.

Or, should we receive the community app code and Kerm makes DCSE9, then hybrid libraries.
To make it so that a program will use Doors CSE and it's libraries if it is on a TI-84+CSE and the graph screen if it is on the TI-84+CE.
readroof2 wrote:
To make it so that a program will use Doors CSE and it's libraries if it is on a TI-84+CSE and the graph screen if it is on the TI-84+CE.

If you want to check if the Doors CSE libraries can be used, you should do so by checking if those libraries are present. It can be done using det(([20 as described here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries_%28Color%29

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours