According to Lionel Debroux, TI-France will soon be releasing two new color-screen TI-84 Plus-series calculators, no doubt the TI-84+CSE in a new case, with typical confusing, nonsensical TI-France names. In preparation for that, I want to add a French-translated version to Doors CSE. Back in the day, Doors CS had French and Spanish translations, but the pain of maintaining those versions combined with the fact that it didn't seem that many people were using them led me to discontinue the translations. At any rate, would any French-speaking people here be willing to help me with short, pithy, accurate French translations of the string in Doors CSE? In exchange, you will be credited and earn my gratitude. Smile
I have no clue about when the 83PCE/84PCE will be available for purchase. However, recent TI graphing calculator models have tended to become purchasable months before the end of a school year (late winter / early spring), and some information about them sprang up publicly months earlier.

Purchase availability dates:
* in 2007, the first OS versions on commercial Clickpad Nspires were dated April or May (IIRC);
* the first Nspire CX became available in April 2011;
* the 84+CSE became available around March 2013.

Public information about new calculator models:
* the 84+CSE was first publicly mentioned on Cemetech in early November 2012;
* the 84PCE was mentioned more than two months ago on Reddit (now partially deleted, http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2hd74b/my_ap_calculus_teacher_is_running_these/ ), as we noted at http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15640&lang=en (which still contains information removed from Reddit).
* real 83PCE calculators were already showcased publicly twice at French education-oriented "trade shows" in November.

What the 83PCE / 84PCE will be (old Z80, ARM with emulator, etc.) is anyone's guess. Clearly, everybody hopes that they'll be faster than the 84+CSE, but few among us think that TI will have invested some money into making these platforms a large, if sorely needed, upgrade from the 84+CSE... Time will tell Smile
If you were interested, i'd be happy to provide (and maintain) a Spanish translation, though i know there's definitely a much more visible French community than Spanish community.
chickendude wrote:
If you were interested, i'd be happy to provide (and maintain) a Spanish translation, though i know there's definitely a much more visible French community than Spanish community.
If you think that the strings would fit into the horizontal spaces that Doors CSE has available, I would certainly greatly appreciate that. Smile
I have a basic knowledge of French, so... I may be able to help.
I made an unofficial Hodor translation.

This is really superb work; I must congratulate you. I should just not bother publishing either an English or French edition any more, and publish the Hodor version as an omnilingual replacement.
Is the Hodor version available for download? It looks very unique and awesome and stuff. And it might be a good prank.
A 84+CE French DCSE version would be great, but for the CSE it would be pointless, because the CSE never came out in France. The 84+CE, on the other hand, came out recently as the 83 Premium CE with extra features.
readroof2 wrote:
Is the Hodor version available for download? It looks very unique and awesome and stuff. And it might be a good prank.
Yes.
DJ_O wrote:
A 84+CE French DCSE version would be great, but for the CSE it would be pointless, because the CSE never came out in France. The 84+CE, on the other hand, came out recently as the 83 Premium CE with extra features.

It indeed never got sold in brick&mortar stores, but available online, though Smile But yes, very few people have it in France, I suppose.
The TI-83 Premium CE, however, since it's "the same" developer-wise as the 84+CE, would happily welcome a French translation whenever DCS gets ported - and several of us can help with that, when needed.
adriweb wrote:
The TI-83 Premium CE, however, since it's "the same" developer-wise as the 84+CE, would happily welcome a French translation whenever DCS gets ported - and several of us can help with that, when needed.
I would greatly appreciate that, and with the non-16KB-increment Apps on the TI-84+CE, it wouldn't make the App huge to include all of the different language versions in the same App. Now we just need that App key...
Why aren't Apps on the TI-84+CE 16 KB increments anymore? I noticed that when I got mine preloaded with some apps. Are the apps still by pages or some other way?
Quote:
Why aren't Apps on the TI-84+CE 16 KB increments anymore? I noticed that when I got mine preloaded with some apps. Are the apps still by pages or some other way?

Nope, on the TI-eZ80 series, FlashApps are no longer page-based. TI essentially imported some 15-year-old calculator-side code, and presumably computer-side infrastructure, from the TI-68k series, where FlashApps have always had byte-size granularity. Like the TI-68k series, the TI-eZ80 series uses a flat 24-bit (16 MB) addressing space.
I'm french, I'd be happy to help Smile
Well, french canadian, but the point is I speak french xD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours