Is it possible to graph an equation with a conditional?

Example:

4-(x-3)² while x≤3

And be able to shade (or not) the side conditional portion of that equation.

Im going to assume up front that you cant, but Id still like to hear from the more advanced users.

Im making a very large application for my college class, to use for practice and reference, and would like to make it as definitive as possible.

EDIT:

You ever have those times when you post a question, then 5 seconds later, figure it out? yeah, I just did that. My bad. While Im here, I might as well mention how its done.

Y1=(-X²+4X+12)/(-3≤X and X≤8)

Only works properly if you use the DIVIDE symbol.
You can't make the graph stop at a certain point, but you can indeed shade the portion of the inequation, all you have to do is change the setting at the left of the Y= screen (where you have the line style and color) there are some triangles, which will shade either lower than or greater than, depending on which one you choose, OR there is an inequality graphing app which allows you to replace the = sign with an inequality of your choice, which is more what you are trying to do I think.
Link to the inequality graphing app:
https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/60718B6DE33745EBA2C5B6A2E6F760E2/83inequalitygraphing
BlackOnyx wrote:
Is it possible to graph an equation with a conditional?

Example:

4-(x-3)² while x≤3

And be able to shade (or not) the side conditional portion of that equation.

Im going to assume up front that you cant, but Id still like to hear from the more advanced users.

Im making a very large application for my college class, to use for practice and reference, and would like to make it as definitive as possible.

EDIT:

You ever have those times when you post a question, then 5 seconds later, figure it out? yeah, I just did that. My bad. While Im here, I might as well mention how its done.

Y1=(-X²+4X+12)/(-3≤X and X≤Cool

Only works properly if you use the DIVIDE symbol.

I was about to respond with something like that, but I had to go. What do you mean by shading the side conditional portion thing? You can change the way the calculator graphs with the line style if you go to Y=, left twice, and press enter. I hope that helps!
I'll have to take a screenshot so I can explain better. Basically, I want to shade ABOVE a parabola that opens downwards, and only exists -3≤x≤3. That's an example.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours