I am having major difficulties with the Converter and this Midi file. It looks like it picks up what's going on, but it doesn't print it out. If someone could either help me or convert it by noon tomorrow, EST, I would be ecstatic! There is a talent show tomorrow, so I wrote this piece and hope to play it on my calc. Thank you soooooo much. Smile

Edit: I just hit "preview this track alone" on the track I want, which gives me a 2 track (one blank midi), and even re-uploading that one yields no result. Maybe my notes are too low/high?
It looks like this format of MIDI is one with which the converter has difficulties. Can you export it in a different MIDI format? I notice that in particular, your song only contains note on events, no note off events, and it's not clear that the MT3 converter is succeeding in extracting note frequency and duration information. If you turn debug output on and look at the only track that appears to contain data, you get sections like this:
Code:
Note On, Velocity 142 Event 9 (byte 52, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 2 Event 9 (byte 56, deltatime 1918)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 60, deltatime 2)
Note On, Velocity 142 Event 9 (byte 63, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 66, deltatime 1918)
Note On, Velocity 2 Event 9 (byte 70, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 73, deltatime 2)
Note On, Velocity 142 Event 9 (byte 76, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 79, deltatime 1918)
Note On, Velocity 2 Event 9 (byte 83, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 86, deltatime 2)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 89, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 142 Event 9 (byte 92, deltatime 0)
Note On, Velocity 0 Event 9 (byte 95, deltatime 1918)
Yeah, that makes sense. If I can find a way to change the format, I will, and if you are anyone has any suggestions to do this, that would be helpful.

I looked into midi file types, and after struggling to find converters online, I came up with an idea. I though about using a music editor such as Finale, though I know that solution would not be appealing as that program costs money. So here is the solution to your midi's not working.

[SOLUTION]
Go to www.noteflight.com and make an account.
Click "Create a New Score" in the top-left.
In the middle-right, click "File" then "Import" to upload your MIDI.
Hit "Play" then "From Beginning" to make sure it sounds right.
Sometimes the notes may not be in ported correctly, so you may have to edit the music some, and it's pretty intuitive.
Then, when you are satisfied with the way it sounds, click "File" then Export", and export it as a MIDI. [u]Be sure to check the box that says "for use with other editors". This is crucial.[/b]
Your new MIDI file you just downloaded will *most likely* work with the MT3 Converter.
Oh, that's great, does that mean that you got the file working? If so, I'm very happy to hear it, and I appreciate you sharing the steps that worked for you for others to read.
The file did work, and it sounded great. Shout out to Ivoah for compiling it, I forgot how to. I ended up winning the talent show, none of the judges had ever seen anything like it. I'm glad to share my solution, I hope it'll help a lot.
NoahK wrote:
The file did work, and it sounded great. Shout out to Ivoah for compiling it, I forgot how to. I ended up winning the talent show, none of the judges had ever seen anything like it. I'm glad to share my solution, I hope it'll help a lot.

Glad to be able to help!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours