Add my vote too. Very Happy

I personally think it would be a good idea, since a lot of people who don't program in assembly might not necessarily want to setup an ASM dev environment just to create mobiletunes files. It might also speed up the process of creating songs.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Add my vote too. Very Happy

I personally think it would be a good idea, since a lot of people who don't program in assembly might not necessarily want to setup an ASM dev environment just to create mobiletunes files. It might also speed up the process of creating songs.
Well, they could just throw it at the DCS SDK, but I see your point regardless. I just want to make sure there are enough people using the tool for the addition to be worth my time. Smile It sounds like it would/will be.
Just another question... DCS is compatible on 83, and 82, isn't it ?
So MT3 is compatible with those calculatrice too ?
kindermoumoute wrote:
Just another question... DCS is compatible on 83, and 82, isn't it ?
So MT3 is compatible with those calculatrice too ?
Doors CS 5 is marginally compatible with the TI-83, but I believe MT2 was the last to work on the TI-83. No TI-82 version of Doors CS has been made.
KermMartian wrote:
It's not a waste of time; it's what we're here for, within reason. Smile When it doubt, take a gander at the 132-page PDF guide, which explains how to use the SDK. Also read this post that I had linked to in my previous post. For convenience, here it is again:

1) Make sure you have Python on the computer. If not, install it.
2) Save the source file as (for example) blah.asm in the /asm/source directory of the unzipped SDK
3) Open a terminal and navigate to the /asm/ directory
4) Type "compile blah" without the quotes, where blah corresponds to blah.asm. If it was mysong.asm, then you type "compile mysong"
5) If there are no errors, then blah.8xp (or mysong.8xp, etc) will appear in the /asm/exec direcyory.

Hey there, first off I wanted to say thanks for writing this great app! It works perfectly with the included songs. But I'm a having a hell of a time trying to create my own. I've got python 2.7 as well as the sdk installed and figured out that the converted midi song is an asm by comparing the code to the included songs, and saved it to the source folder. I opened up a command prompt, and cd'd to the asm folder. When I run "compile song", it gives me this:

Code:
Assembling...
Pass 1 complete. (358ms).
Pass 2 complete. (13041ms).
Writing output file...
Errors: 0, Warnings: 0.
Writing list file...
Done!
----- song for the TI-83/84 Plus Assembled and Compiled.
TI-83 Plus version is song.8xp

I'd expect it to be in .8xp format in the /exec/ folder, but I only get a .bin file. I also get an windows error saying that it cannot open binpac8x.py. I'm assuming that this program converts the .bin to .8xp, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work. Can anyone help? Cool
Everything looks fine, so I can only guess that you don't have Python installed, or you have an old version. After you fix that, everything should work. And you were right about what that program does: converts .bin to .8xp.
I've got python 2.7.2 64bit version installed. Is that not compatible?
My guess would be that you installed Python in a non-standard directory, so you'll have to edit compile.bat to use Python in the directory you chose during Python's installation.
I think I left the installation at default, but is it supposed to be in C:\Python27 instead of program files? I looked at the compile.bat but I couldn't find what to change.
How refreshing, a user who has tried steps to solving his or her problems, understands what the problem is, asks questions that show insight and effort, and uses correct spelling and grammar! Welcome to Cemetech; I hope that you'll Introduce Yourself and stick around. At any rate, the Doors CS SDK assumes that a Python handler has been installed for .py files, which should have happened when you installed 2.7.2 64-bit. What exactly is the Windows error that you get?
Hey kerm, thank you and everyone else for the help so far. The error I was getting was a simple "windows cannot open this file". I looked around the python manual and found the code "assoc .py=Python.File" which I ran from terminal. It got rid of my windows problem. Now I'm having this error:

Code:

Please enter the relative path to the bincontents file to pack as a .8*p:
/asm/exec/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\OSCAR\Downloads\dcs_sdk\asm\tasm\binpac8x.py", line 235, in <module>
    safeprint("**Pass 1/1: .8"+calc+"p Construction**")
NameError: name 'calc' is not defined
----- song for the TI-83/84 Plus Assembled and Compiled.
TI-83 Plus version is song.8xp

What can I do now?
Are you running binpac8x manually now, or letting the compile.bat file take care of it? I ask because I don't expect to see the relative path prompt when the compile.bat file is running binpac8x.
I ran the compile.bat and then it asked me for the path, so I put in /asm/exec/ since that's where the .bin file was at. Was I supposed to do anything different?
It shouldn't be asking you at all, although I think ../asm/exec. Did you modify compile.bat where it passes arguments to binpac8x?
Also, if you paste the code to notepad and then rename it as a .asm file, you can then go through the compilers as if nothing had happened.
ordelore wrote:
Also, if you paste the code to notepad and then rename it as a .asm file, you can then go through the compilers as if nothing had happened.
Holy necropost, Batman. Although you're right, I think this thread got resolved two years ago.
I know, Kerm but I know people who have the same trouble might also go to this thread so any help will do. Rolling Eyes
I see now. this is the page where I should have asked my wuestions, not by email to mods...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours