DJ_O wrote:
-3-bit color mode (in xLIBC) doesn't work at all in jsTIfied. If you switch to that mode with xLIB then it will do nothing.
3-bit color mode is not implemented in jsTIfied's ILI9335 emulated LCD; I'll implement it if I get a chance. Somehow I overlooked the fact that xLIBC even supports a 3-bit color mode. Smile

Quote:
-Also, if you check my SourceCoder project, export to 8xg then try to load that 8xg into jsTified later, transfer errors will occur. This can be problematic for people who got TI-Connect CE installed, as this version lacks support for ungrouping files (you must send them to the calc, then back to the computer).
Is it possible to narrow down which variable(s) are causing the issue?

Quote:
-Another issue is that in Chromium/Opera 28 the SourceCoder jsTIfied on the side will usually freeze after about 2-3 keypresses.
Do you see any Javascript errors in the Javascript console when this happens? I must add the caveat that jsTIfied is not officially supported in Opera any more.
Yeah the 3 bit mode is an LCD routine I think, since it's instant like inverted mode of shifting the screen horizontally. WabbitEmu emulates 3/bit mode but not properly and TilEm appears to lack CSE support.

As for transfer issues, PrgmMFSB or MFSB2 (I forgot exactly which one) was the one that caused failed transfer. Sending would end immediately afterward so only 2 file actually sends.

I'll check at home if I get js errors when using jsTIfied from SC.

EDIT: No error at all in the console. The emu just stops responding after 1-2 keypress.
I cannot upload files to jsTIfied from a school computer using IE. It might be a bug in jsTIfied, or it could be my school's network settings. Will try again from IE at home, and then from Google Chrome at home.
84+CSE
What version of Internet Explorer are they using? Files you upload to jsTIfied do not get sent over the network, but it's possible that they configured the browser to not accept drag-and-dropped files. Thanks in advance for additional information you may be able to provide to help determine if this is a jsTIfied issue or a security/IE issue.
I just wanted to update my bug report:
MasterChief56 wrote:
As I mentioned yesterday in the chat, I have a problem with saving screenshots.
I use a Kindle Fire HD 7'' tablet (2012 version), running the Fire OS 7.5.1. All the latest updates are installed. I use the latest version of the Silk browser.
Now, first everything works fine and I have to say that jstified is really awesome. That is really great work, porting a emulator to mobile devices in an online web page (!).
However, there is only one thing that does not work on my device. As soon as I want to save a screenshot - either a still or animated screenshot - my browser says 'starting download' but then it freezes. You already told me yesterday that this will probably be a bug of the browser, however, I just wanted to leave the problem report here in case of it being anywhere helpful. Smile
Edit: Oh and I just found out that for each try of saving a screenshot, there is a api.php file in my download folder. What is this?

I still use the same device (Kindle Fire HD (2012)) with the latest updates installed.
While the browser previously said 'Starting download...' and then freezed, it now asks me, when I take a screenshot, whether I want to download the file and when I press Yes, normally a 'Starting download' message would appear, but instead nothing happens, as if I havent done anything. Also, the browser now doesnt freeze. I also stated that I always found a api.php file in my download folder, after the browser crashed. Now, also this doesnt occur anymore. So, although my browser now doesnt crash anymore, I still cant download the screenshots.
In addition, tapping the buttons on the calculator image doesnt work anymore.
Previously, the buttons reacted a bit slowly, but at least they worked. By now, when I tap a button, the area of the button gets surrounded by a red shape, but the calculator doesnt process the button-press.
However, I found out, that if I long-tap on a button X (hold) (so that Button X stays red) and then (short) tap on another button Y, the calculator finally reacts to the Button X-press. (Button X then remains red though).
When using a CSE ROM, scrolling through entry history corrupts the screen and renders the calc useless until I reset it. I can't record it now, but I will later if clarification is needed.
Something is fishy with the crystal timer interrupts. In my program using them, the interrupt fired once and then never again. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I'm writing a somewhat weird value to the loop control port: $17 instead of the typical $03. But any write to the port should acknowledge the interrupt and only bits 0 and 1 should latch, so this should work.

You have said program; if you want to debug it, I'd recommend putting a breakpoint at $8888, which is where the interrupt handler exists.
Runer112 wrote:
Something is fishy with the crystal timer interrupts. In my program using them, the interrupt fired once and then never again.
I have repaired this. Although my code currently re-set the timer period, it did not set up the necessary accounting to let jsTIfied know that there was a pending timer that will eventually expire.
Runer112 wrote:
This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I'm writing a somewhat weird value to the loop control port: $17 instead of the typical $03. But any write to the port should acknowledge the interrupt and only bits 0 and 1 should latch, so this should work.
That was all working fine; the thing that wasn't happening was essentially incrementing the count of pending timers. Smile Your program appears to work now.
I can't transfer my programs made in SC to jstified.
The program name will show up in the "SourceCoder" menu, but when I click load nothing happens Sad. No program on the (emulated) calc.

I tried clicking load when the calc was: off, on at home screen, in program menu, catalog menu, ... But nothing worked.
IE, Firefox
84+ 2.55MP
Weird thing, unsure if bug or internet connection or what, unsure how to replicate: after loading a ROM into jsTIfied, at least from the SC-embedded emu, sometimes the calc is very slow to/ fails to start. Sometimes gives a black screen, sometimes it asks me to get a ROM, which I already did. Either way, the skin shows up correctly as a black 84+.

Edit: seems to work today in IE, but not Firefox. Will play around with it at a later date.
Well, this may be just a bit more of annoyance than a bug. I've been working on BasicNote at times and the speed I have to type is very slow - it's not the program, I'm positive. I didn't have anything big in the background going on, just a youtube page that wasn't doing anything.

if it matters-
Chrome version 41.0.2272.118
If you are using the on-calc TI-BASIC editor, then that's not a jsTIfied issue. That's how slow the CSE is in the program editor.
DJ_O wrote:
If you are using the on-calc TI-BASIC editor, then that's not a jsTIfied issue. That's how slow the CSE is in the program editor.

No, I'm using an 83+ rom, and I'm coding in SC3. I'm not using the TI-BASIC editor - what I meant was that I've been testing my program on the 83+. When I type into my advanced text editor program, the response from it is slow. Like I said before, I'm positive it's not my program.
Michael2_3B wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

No, I'm using an 83+ rom. And I'm not using the TI-BASIC editor - what I meant was that I've been testing my program on the 83+. I'm coding in SC3.

The it should probably be in the sourcecode bugs thread: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=660&start=400

EDIT: Ignore this post, I didn't understand the issue
Michael2_3B wrote:
Well, this may be just a bit more of annoyance than a bug. I've been working on BasicNote at times and the speed I have to type is very slow - it's not the program, I'm positive. I didn't have anything big in the background going on, just a youtube page that wasn't doing anything.
Did you have the SC3 page open for a long time? If so, it's possible there's a memory leak somewhere. However, I also blame Chrome in this case. For now, reload the page if it gets extremely slow, but that's not a long-term solution.
MasterChief56 wrote:
As soon as I want to save a screenshot - either a still or animated screenshot - my browser says 'starting download' but then it freezes. You already told me yesterday that this will probably be a bug of the browser, however, I just wanted to leave the problem report here in case of it being anywhere helpful. Smile
I've changed how screenshots are downloaded since you first posted your bug report (it no longer touches api.php, for example). Please re-test at your convenience.
I have retested it and it still is like in my second bug report here:
MasterChief56 wrote:
I just wanted to update my bug report:
I still use the same device (Kindle Fire HD (2012)) with the latest updates installed.
While the browser previously said 'Starting download...' and then freezed, it now asks me, when I take a screenshot, whether I want to download the file and when I press Yes, normally a 'Starting download' message would appear, but instead nothing happens, as if I havent done anything. Also, the browser now doesnt freeze. I also stated that I always found a api.php file in my download folder, after the browser crashed. Now, also this doesnt occur anymore. So, although my browser now doesnt crash anymore, I still cant download the screenshots.
In addition, tapping the buttons on the calculator image doesnt work anymore.
Previously, the buttons reacted a bit slowly, but at least they worked. By now, when I tap a button, the area of the button gets surrounded by a red shape, but the calculator doesnt process the button-press.
However, I found out, that if I long-tap on a button X (hold) (so that Button X stays red) and then (short) tap on another button Y, the calculator finally reacts to the Button X-press. (Button X then remains red though).

When clicking on screenshot, I am asked by the browser whether I want to download the file. When I click OK, no Download message appears, and in mnt/sdcard/Download, there is no api.php file.
From a Chrome browser, whenever I use jsTIfied, I have to give it my ROM twice. It asks for it, says something about agreeing to stuff, and then I have to give it the ROM again. Also, once I get it working, it always resets itself for no reason after about a minute. Then it works fine after that. It is weird. I was taking a gif, and one of its random resets happened.
Batman has discovered that IE11 on Windows 8.1 does not offer to save animated screenshots from jsTIfied (and it seems reasonable to expect that downloading static screenshots and exported variables will also not work). I'll investigate this when I have time.

Edit: IE11 throws "Access is denied" if you try to programmatically use click() from Javascript to submit a hidden form, in this case one that triggers the actual download. It's not clear from a quick Googling of StackOverflow if there's a workaround. This also probably means that some SourceCoder features (namely SPASM-ng related) don't work in IE11.
Just found something strange, here is a screenshot, all I did was click on a matrix... Once It displayed it, I wanted to press clear to get rid of it, but instead of clearing it like on a physical calc, it just went crazy, then I decided to press random buttons cause that's what you do when your calc dies... anyway here's the screenshot... if you are wondering, I am using the periodic table matrix made by OHernandez.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours