Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator I have a plus CE calculator and I can't do anything with it and it sucks!!!! Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator [/b]
"They" is "me" (and the esteemed Patrick "tr1p1ea" Prendergast"), and I want to make Doors for the TI-84 Plus CE. However, as I've said in other threads, I need a special number from TI called a signing key to be able to make Doors CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE. As soon as I can, I'll be porting it, TI willing. Smile
I apologize JHH228, but software is not written magically. These things take a bit of time to write. For now; all BASIC programs in the archives for the CSE are fully runable, as are the current ASM programs located here: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/
JHH228 wrote:
I have a plus CE calculator . . . and it sucks!!!!

No it doesn't, take it from a programmer, it's way better. Just wait until we get a C compiler going. I'm sure there will eventually way more games for the CE.
Also, don't forget that if the description of a CSE basic game says it requires Doors CSE, or it is in Hybrid Basic, it will not work. Only the pure basic games/programs will. Wink
What will the new Doors for the CE be called?
Doors CE, or somethng like that. Kerm hasn't come up with a name yet.
KermMartian wrote:
"They" is "me" (and the esteemed Patrick "tr1p1ea" Prendergast"), and I want to make Doors for the TI-84 Plus CE. However, as I've said in other threads, I need a special number from TI called a signing key to be able to make Doors CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE. As soon as I can, I'll be porting it, TI willing. Smile

In the event where TI would not cooperate or make you wait 5 years before finally giving in (which is entirely possible considering they made us wait 4 years before finally giving us Nspire Lua), does it mean that Doors CS for the CE have chances of never happening even in 8xp form? Since Celtic 2 for the TI-83+ (or maybe it was a different program?) could install parser hooks from a 8xp program launched with the Asm() command, what is stopping everyone else from doing it? And more importantly, why wouldn't a 8xp version of Doors CE as a shell work? After all, we had no problem using Ion for all those years.
Why does Kerm need a signing key to make the new Doors? There are already other apps for the CE not from Texas Instruments.
readroof, those apps are presumably from developers who have obtained the signing key.

DJ_O, I imagine it's because Kerm doesn't want people to have to reinstall Doors every time their calc suffers a RAM reset, and I think there's something with hooks and such being trickier from outside apps-- although if he's unable to obtain the signing key, a .8xp version would absolutely be better than nothing.
Why hasn't Kerm gotten one yet if the other programmers have?
Im not expert, but I believe the signing process is different between programs and flash apps. Doors is a Flash App, the other apps that are ASM based, are "program" based. Difference?
So the other "apps" are really just programs, while Doors is a true app?
If I tried to explain how Im fairly sure it works, Im POSITIVE I would screw up the terminology. lol But yes, the other programs need to be run with the Asm( command, whereas Doors is fully functional as-is, and located in Flash, the the Apps area (same as the apps you can download from TI)
Essentially, apps and asm programs are programed the same way, just apps are a different way of packing or compiling them to show in the apps menu rather than the programs menu. Wink

And now, to signan app, that is, make it work on the CE, a signing key is needed from TI.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours