Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I was getting back into minecraft again and started looking up some helpfule information. after looking at a lot of pictures, websites, and more, i realized some things.

1) nobody really knows how to make a simple oscillator (at least not that i found)

2) there aren't any good lists for enchantment ID's or effect ID's (again, not that i found.) i would like to get these lists if anyone has one, please.

3) many sites say different ways to do the same thing, and its making impossible to know witch one is right. (such as crafting a command block or weather you even can.) i would appreciate any source for info that you know is true.

I know how to make a simple oscillator so thats why the first reason is there, but if anybody can help me with the other two, that would be great.
No, you cannot craft a command block. The only way to get it that I know of is
Code:

/give <playername> 137

or

/give <playername> minecraft:command_block
You cannot craft a command block, unless you install a mod. You must use the /give [playername] command_block 64 syntax to get them.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Status_effect
Gives good documentation, and the status effect IDs are right there, the first column on the left.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

Has the enchanting IDs, you just need to scroll down a little.
Unicorn wrote:
You cannot craft a command block, unless you install a mod. You must use the /give [playername] command_block 64 syntax to get them.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Status_effect
Gives good documentation, and the status effect IDs are right there, the first column on the left.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

Has the enchanting IDs, you just need to scroll down a little.


Thanks, but my schools server blocks those sites, do you think you could email them to me? my email is:

removed by comic

Thanks.
Removed your email. They can use the "mail" button at the bottom of your posts or you can PM them your email. Publicly posted emails are prone to spam and your accounts (with that e-mail) can possibly be brute forced. The mail button below your posts uses Cemetech and is similar to a PM.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Removed your email. They can use the "mail" button at the bottom of your posts or you can PM them your email. Publiy posted emails are prone to spam and attempted brute force attacks. The mail button below uses Cemetech, similar to a PM, can't send attachments though.


Thanks, i was working more with redstone oscillators and i found a really easy and fast way to make one without using repeaters. here is basically how it works:

====================

0 = piston body (sticky)
{ = piston head (sticky)
┐└│─ ┘┌ = redstone wire
██ = redstone block
- = nothing

====================

┌─0{██ ──
│------│
└───┘

====================
Couldn't you just use 2 command blocks? It's not survival friendly, but if you have one that sets a redstone block and one that removes it, you can flash power on and off really fast.
Michael2_3B wrote:
Couldn't you just use 2 command blocks? It's not survival friendly, but if you have one that sets a redstone block and one that removes it, you can flash power on and off really fast.


if you see the diagram, It does the same thing in a survival friendly way. I forgot to mention that the piston is sticky (sorry!), but if you follow you see that the redstone block activates the sticky piston, thus pushing the block into a position that no longer activates the piston. this causes the piston to pull the redstone block back and start the cycle again.

heres a better image:

There are many well-known designs for building oscillators.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Clock_circuit
KermMartian wrote:
There are many well-known designs for building oscillators.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Clock_circuit


Thanks, i know there are quite a few designs but i haven't seen very many that don't use Repeaters or Command blocks. thats why i was bringing that up.

I also had another question, is it possible to use commands in a pocket edition and if so, what commands can be used. I know there is a place to input commands but none of the classic PC commands work.
Yeah, I don't think they have implemented commands yet. :/
Unicorn wrote:
Yeah, I don't think they have implemented commands yet. :/


ok, thanks. i hope they implement it soon.
Actually, you can make a much smaller oscillator in a 2x2x1 area if you do (from a side view):

Piston{________Redstone Block________Output

Regular Block___Redstone Dot
Yeah, that would make sense. Thanks.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement