Since version 8.0 in November 2013, Doors CSE has been a mainstay on many TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition graphing calculators. This powerful shell is an App that sits on top of the TI-OS, allowing users to create and run powerful TI-BASIC and assembly programs while leaving the math and science capabilities of the calculator untouched. Over the year and a half since Doors CSE 8.0 was released, Patrick "tr1p1ea" Prendergast and I have been working hard to field feature requests and bug reports to improve Doors CSE. The release of Doors CSE 8.1 last July brought features like a special Apps folder that allows you to list and run Apps on your calculator, more xLIBC hybrid TI-BASIC functions, and many fixes for minor bugs. Now, I'm happy to present Doors CSE 8.2, the next iteration of Doors CSE for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.

Doors CSE 8.2 focuses on improving Doors CSE's interaction with the TI-OS and with other Apps. But what exactly is Doors CSE 8? Doors CSE lists and can run all of your TI-BASIC and Assembly games and programs. It lets you organize your programs into folders, and archive, lock, copy, rename, delete, and hide them. It gives you extra features like an enhanced TI-BASIC editor, a clock, lowercase letters, and much more. Doors CSE 8 also contains the powerful xLIBC library by Patrick Prendergast and Celtic 2 CSE, which will make color TI-BASIC programs and games more powerful, useful, and fun. Here's what's new:
  • Hook chaining repaired for the AppChangeHook and RawKeyHook. In layman's terms, apps like Transform, Inequalz, and many more can coexist with Doors CSE's OS-enhancing features like the improved TI-BASIC editor.
  • Workaround for a rare interaction with the [ALPHA][F1] to [ALPHA][F4] menus, so that these menus will always appear when needed.
  • Refines Doors CSE's interpretation of the real( token so that programs manipulating complex numbers will always work properly.
  • Repairs several bugs with xLIBC and Celtic 2 CSE.
Many thanks once again to all of the programmers, users, beta-testers, and Cemetech staff who made this possible. Special thanks must go to the Cemetech members and staff who provided thorough information to track down difficult bugs, and tr1p1ea, who continued to improve xLIBC with new fixes and features.

Download & More Information
Download Doors CSE 8.2
Doors CSE 8 Wiki and Documentation
How to Put Doors CSE and Programs on your TI-84+CSE

Congrats on the teamwork!!
Great job Kerm and tr1p1ea!
Nice work everyone! Can't wait to see what else you guys can create! Smile
Maybe I'll get back to work on my chemical equation balancer this summer, now that my complex number hacks won't break anything.
Nice update. I just tested my three xLIBC games to see if they work and they did. Thanks Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours