This is documentation for the pixel width, on the graph screen, of all characters readily available on both the monochrome and color calculators. I hope for this to be a community project, so please feel free to post new characters and their graph screen pixel widths, like I have below.

Monochrome
Character = Graph Screen Pixel Width

(All characters, excluding [space], have 1 additional pixel as white space.)

A - Z = 3

a = 3
    b = 3
    c = 3
    d = 3
    e = 3
    f = 2
    g = 3
    h = 3
    i = 1
    j = 3
    k = 3
    l = 2
    m = 5
    n = 3
    o = 3
    p = 3
    q = 3
    r = 3
    s = 2
    t = 2
    u = 3
    v = 3
    w = 5
    x = 3
    y = 3
    z = 4

θ = 3
    " = 3
    [space] = 1,0
    : = 1
    ? = 3

^-1 = 4
    ^ = 3
    ^2 = 3
    , = 2
    ( = 2
    ) = 2
    / = 3
    0 - 9 = 3
    * = 5
    - (minus) = 3
    + = 3
    . = 1
    - (negative)= 3

π = 5
    √ = 3
    E = 3
    { = 3
    } = 3
    [ = 2
    ] = 2
    i = 3

^3 = 3
    ! = 1
    = = 3
    ≠ = 5
    > = 3
    < = 3
    ≥ = 4
    ≤ = 4

(deg symbol) = 4
    ' = 1
    ^^r = 4

Color
Character = Amount of Filled Pixels in Width

(All characters, excluding [space], have 2 additional pixels as white space.)

A = 6
    B = 6
    C = 6
    D = 6
    E = 6
    F = 6
    G = 6
    H = 6
    I = 6
    J = 6
    K = 6
    L = 6
    M = 8
    N = 7
    O = 6
    P = 6
    Q = 6
    R = 6
    S = 6
    T = 6
    U = 7
    V = 8
    W = 8
    X = 7
    Y = 8
    Z = 6

a = 8
    b = 6
    c = 6
    d = 6
    e = 6
    f = 6
    g = 6
    h = 6
    i = 2
    j = 6
    k = 7
    l = 4
    m = 10
    n = 6
    o = 7
    p = 6
    q = 7
    r = 6
    s = 5
    t = 6
    u = 8
    v = 6
    w = 10
    x = 7
    y = 6
    z = 6

[Space] = 2,0
    . = 2
    , = 4
    ; = 6
    : = 4

0 - 9 = 6

" = 6
    θ = 6
    ? = 6
    ^-1 = 9
    ^ = 6
    ^2 = 5
    ( = 4
    ) = 4
    / = 6
    * = 8
    - (minus) = 6
    + = 6
    - (negative) = 4
    π = 10
    E = 6
    { = 6
    } = 6
    [ = 4
    ] = 4
    i = 7
    ^3 = 5
    ! = 2
    = = 6
    ≠ = 10
    > = 6
    < = 6
    ≥ = 8
    ≤ = 8
    (deg symbol) = 7
    ' = 2
    ^^r = 7
Just got through testing the Color text for the TI-84+CSE. Code for how I tested it is at the bottom of this post.

Color List:

Each Letter starts at the first pixel and ends then has two extra blank pixels for letter spacing. If you run the code, you will understand more clearly. Look at gif for more reference if you are confused.

The Format is as follows: [Letter] = [Amount of Filled Pixels in Width], [Extra Pixels as White Space]

CAPITAL LETTERS:

A = 6,2
B = 6,2
C = 6,2
D = 6,2
E = 6,2
F = 6,2
G = 6,2
H = 6,2
I = 6,2
J = 6,2
K = 6,2
L = 6,2
M = 8,2
N = 7,2
O = 6,2
P = 6,2
Q = 6,2
R = 6,2
S = 6,2
T = 6,2
U = 7,2
V = 8,2
W = 8,2
X = 7,2
Y = 8,2
Z = 6,2

LOWERCASE:

a = 8,2
b = 6,2
c = 6,2
d = 6,2
e = 6,2
f = 6,2
g = 6,2
h = 6,2
i = 2,2
j = 6,2
k = 7,2
l = 4,2
m = 10,2
n = 6,2
o = 7,2
p = 6,2
q = 7,2
r = 6,2
s = 5,2
t = 6,2
u = 8,2
v = 6,2
w = 10,2
x = 7,2
y = 6,2
z = 6,2

SYMBOLS:

[Space] = 2,0
. = 2,2
, = 4,2
; = 6,2
: = 4,2

CODE:

Cycle through letters, space, and symbols tested by pressing a key. If you want to add your own symbols to test, just adjust X in For(L,1,X). X=57 by default, but if you add any symbols, spaces, or letters account for each. Also make sure to add them in the sub( command at the end. If the Horizontal or Vertical lines aren't enough for you just adjust their For( commands to add more lines. Also use jsTIfied and the zoomed in window for more clear view of the pixels.

Code:
ClrDraw:AxesOff:BackgroundOff
0->Xmin
264->Xmax
~164->Ymin
0->Ymax
For(L,1,57)
Vertical ~1,Black,1
Horizontal 1,Green,1
BackgroundOn White
For(Y,~1,~15,~2)
Horizontal Y,Green,1
End
For(X,0,10,2)
Vertical X,Black,1
End
Text(0,0,sub("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz .,;:",L,1))
Pause
End

TL;DR:

TI-84+CSE Graphing Screen Text Command Letters and Symbols list of width in Pixels.
Great, thanks!

Added.
Is it necessary to note that a character has 2 whitespace pixels? Wouldn't it be easier to just say at the beginning of the list that "all characters except the space have two extra pixels as whitespace"?
M. I. Wright wrote:
Is it necessary to note that a character has 2 whitespace pixels? Wouldn't it be easier to just say at the beginning of the list that "all characters except the space have two extra pixels as whitespace"?

No need to make an exception for space in this case, just list its width as 0 pixels.

But I'd recommend not extracting the trailing spacing out of every character's width in the first place. There are certain characters, like ʟ, that don't have any trailing spacing (at least on the monochrome calculators).
M. I. Wright wrote:

Yep, I noticed that too.

Fixed.
Just measured all Numbers for the Color Calculators. They have the width of 6 pixels with the same trailing space of 2.
Just looked for future reference. All Color Calculator Text Command heights for the font are 16 Pixels so instead of entering Text(82,132,Str to center it, use Text(74,132,Str because it focuses on the top left pixel and places that at the defined (X,Y) point. Little self-promotion, if you want to learn how to find the X value for centering the Text( command String then check out my post in the Your Projects forum.
RascalJack wrote:
Just looked for future reference. All Color Calculator Text Command heights for the font are 16 Pixels so instead of entering Text(82,132,Str to center it, use Text(74,132,Str because it focuses on the top left pixel and places that at the defined (X,Y) point. Little self-promotion, if you want to learn how to find the X value for centering the Text( command String then check out my post in the Your Projects forum.

Great! I don't have a color calculator but I'm sure that will definitely help some people Smile
Lots of new characters added to the color section! Very Happy Using your program, Jack Smile
I realize this is an old topic, but I did some more char testing for the color calcs:

▫(plotsquare): 6,2
⋅(plotpixel): 2, 0 (6 pixels of padding at the beginning, so this one is weird)
▪(plotdot): 5, 3 (1 px of padding at the beginning)
+(plotcross): 6, 2
(mathprintbox): 10, 2

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours