Who's up for making a program to convert a picture of the calculator screen into tokens for a program? Then he could just copy it via camera or webcam Smile
shkaboinka wrote:
Who's up for making a program to convert a picture of the calculator screen into tokens for a program? Then he could just copy it via camera or webcam :)

Alternatively, a program to make QR codes. Might as well implement a technology designed for this sort of thing.
EDIT: No longer relevant to this forum topic. Cheers! Smile
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
shkaboinka wrote:
Who's up for making a program to convert a picture of the calculator screen into tokens for a program? Then he could just copy it via camera or webcam Smile

Alternatively, a program to make QR codes. Might as well implement a technology designed for this sort of thing.

That sounds like a legit project idea! It could map token codes to pixels, and have identifying marks in the corners. If it won't all fit in one image, there could be an indicator to note "1 of 5, 2 of 5", etc.

I'm on my phone and out of time; does someone want to move this to another thread? (Sorry for the deviation of topic; thanks for the idea)
shkaboinka wrote:
That sounds like a legit project idea! It could map token codes to pixels, and have identifying marks in the corners. If it won't all fit in one image, there could be an indicator to note "1 of 5, 2 of 5", etc.

I'm on my phone and out of time; does someone want to move this to another thread? (Sorry for the deviation of topic; thanks for the idea)

QR Codes don't work exactly like that, they have quite a bit of error protection (doubled and sometimes more yet data) but it wouldn't require nearly as many variables as just outputting a potentially random set of pixels to the screen. Would be easier as well because of how many QR code readers there already are.
it is ok, if you would like to keep the topic on this thread, it is ok.
To keep things on topic, I'll go ahead and split this topic. Smile
Hi,as for me, I am doing a program to make QR codes these days. Does anyone have experience about this and what tools will you recommend?I am totally a green hand on barcode making field. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Andy,
Where/how are you trying to generate them? On the computer, or with a calculator, or some other device?
It's a work in progress, and it's not at all optimized, but it's a start.
prgmQ is the main program. "V" is the QR "version" number, an integer from 1 to 11 (11 due to screen limitations on the monochrome. I'll probably add color support later.)

Code:

PROGRAM:Q
:Prompt V
:17+4V->S
:S-7->S
:ClrDraw
:0->K:0->L:prgmQR
:SDeltaX->K:prgmQR
:~SDeltaY->L:0->K
:prgmQR
:Pt-On(K+Xmin+8DeltaX,L+Ymax+DeltaY
:For(K,8,S-2,2
:Pxl-On(6,K
:Pxl-On(K,6
:End
:If V>1:Then
:10+4V->R
:10+4V->theta:prgmQ2
:If V>6:Then
:8+2V->R:prgmQ2
:theta->R:8+2V->theta
:prgmQ2
:6->R:prgmQ2
:theta->R:6->theta:prgmQ2
:R->theta:prgmQ2

Code:
PROGRAM:QR
:Line(K+Xmin,L+Ymax,K+Xmin+6DeltaX,L+Ymax
:Line(K+Xmin,L+Ymax,K+Xmin,L+Ymax-6DeltaY
:Line(K+Xmin+6DeltaX,L+Ymax,K+Xmin+6DeltaX,L+Ymax-6DeltaY
:Line(K+Xmin,L+Ymax-6DeltaY,K+Xmin+6DeltaX,L+Ymax-6DeltaY
:Pt-On(K+Xmin+3DeltaX,L+Ymax-3DeltaY,2
:Pt-On(K+Xmin+3DeltaX,L+Ymax-3DeltaY

Code:
PROGRAM:Q2
:Pxl-On(R,theta
:For(T,~2,2
:Pxl-On(R-2,theta+T
:Pxl-On(R+2,theta+T
:For(T,~1,1
:Pxl-On(R+T,theta-2
:Pxl-On(R+T,theta+2
I'm glad to see that this is actually going somewhere Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours