I have a Casio fx-CG 20 that is about a year old. It was working fine till a month ago. Now the key row with starting with mixed fraction (a b/c) is not working. There is no response when i press any button on this row.
I tried a full reset and tried the physical reset with the button the back, but in vain.
I have my exams in two weeks Sad . Please Help
Hi, that sucks obviously. Have you tried phoning casio? Hopefully they can send you another one under warranty quickly given the exam situation.

You can see this post http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11358 in case it is just one of the row pins becoming dry solder, or search for the pics of the front of the board to understand what may have happened, there was a post about someone cleaning sticky buttons, maybe you have some dirt on the front of the board.

Best of luck
Thanks for a quick reply. Is the warranty for more than a year. Mine is more than a year old. I'm not too great with electronics. But at this point i'm ready to try anything that could work. I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S: nice add in you have there.
From memory packaging in Europe says 3 years but i may be confused, they may need proof of purchase but maybe it's enough if your serial number indicates that it is still in warranty. I think it seems such an internal fault that should fix it for you without any hassle unless they detect any misuse like water or impact damage. Good luck
Things turned worse and non of the keys are working now. I opened up the Calculator and couldn't find anything off. There are no service centers where I live, so am planning to take it on the weekend.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours