My Windows 7 x64 tablet PC laptop does just fine with TI Connect CE and my TI-84 Plus CE. I haven't tried my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition yet, but I can't imagine it will be much more unhappy.
I wonder what's going on then. I'll try some other calculators to see if it's something quirky with that calculator. It's weird that the same calculator would work on the Win 8.1 (32 & 64 bit) machines but not the Win 7 machines
I was able to get it working by going to Device Manager and manually "updating" the driver to C:\Program Files (x86)\TI Education\TI Connect CE\drivers\Win7

Still not sure why that happened on my system, but at least it's working.
If any TI engineers or product design personnel happen to read this topic, I think it would be great if you could send a program from an attached calculator directly to the program editor in TI-Connect CE. If you right-click on a program in the Calculator Explorer, you can delete or transfer it, and in the Program Editor, you can only open files that are already on the computer. It would be nice to save a step by adding an Edit right-click option that would transfer the program in question and immediately open it in the editor.
Double-clicking on any program in the Calculator Explorer will open it immediately in the program editor.
Wright is right here. It's one of those minor interface things I forgot to document.
[quote="M. I. Wright"]Double-clicking on any program in the Calculator Explorer will open it immediately in the program editor.
pimathbrainiac wrote:
iniac"]Wright is right here. It's one of those minor interface things I forgot to document.
Thanks for that, but it wasn't obvious to me (and since you didn't mention it, I didn't find it), so I think perhaps it's not the most user-friendly. Even a page+pencil icon in that top bar would make me happy, something to show that I could immediately edit a program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours