Cemecraft: An Epic Server Spawn

Recently, I decided to make a server spawn for Minecraft. Essentially, Cemecraft (credits to Comic for the name), named after Cemetech, will be a massive spawnpoint compatible with both all versions of Minecraft back to and including 1.5.2 and LAN worlds. The spawn will consist of a spawning platform, several water features and gardens, shops, some "administrator rooms", a rail system, a transportation hub, and several Cemetechian features (and Easter Eggs). This project is just in the planning stage (though work will commence on Monday), so any input and/or ideas on what we should do will be appreciated!
Sounds awesome!

Will there be calculator pixel art?
Indeed there will be!
The seed for the world has been chosen, and the spawn platform has been created (of quartz). Later, I'm going to put the cemetech logo there.
Other than that, I'm still on the tedious work of excavation. Not much real building has happened yet.
Worldedit? It would help excavation...
I just want to note that the "Cemecraft" name, while flattering, may imply something that this isn't, namely, an officially-sanctioned Cemetech project. Whence the name?
Uhhh... actually, comic thought it up on IRC the other night when I told him I had no idea what to call it. I am USELESS at names. Very Happy
However, if you want I can change it. But, Kern, I'll need help with the new name.
Calcucraft!

I don't know. Razz
AngelStorm9x3 wrote:
But, Kern, I'll need help with the new name.

Did you just call him "Kern"? I know that his kerminess is awesome, but I dont think he is an OS kernal yet...

names:
First off, what is the overall theme of the Map? adventuring, PVP, era-themed, create-your-face-with-a-moon-beam? without knowing these, no one can really give you a great name. or, maybe they can, but its more luck than anything else.

going with the "x-craft" naming theme:
KeyCraft, (insert a color here)Craft, Archcraft, Kingcraft, etc.
EpicCraft?
I scrapped the spawn (along with all of my other projects, and everything else for that matter), and started over.

For now, I am still calling it Cemecraft. Partly because it's Cemetech-themed, and partly because Comic came up with it and I haven't yet bothered to come up with anything else.

But basically, it's a Minecraft server spawn that is entirely backwards-compatible down to 1.5.2. There will be Cemetech colors, and several TI related things in the area. And of course it will be huge.

I don't have any screenshots, but when I do I'll post them here.

Currently, as for the Cemetech-related things I'm including, the best one would be a Great Library that actually is a library (with all the TI-Basic commands and syntax). I'm also thinking of including calculator artwork. (Like a Stonehenge made of TI-84s.)

There will also be a lot of command-block programming and redstone wiring. I've got an idea for building a redstone computer, if I can figure out how...

(In case anyone's curious, I'm keeping this here instead of on Planet Minecraft or somewhere because this is my ode to Cemetech. Anyway, there is after all a Minecraft subforum...)
*bump* has anything changed?
Quite a lot, actually. However, I'm probably going to have to suspend development until (a) I can get a proper flash drive, and (b) January 13th. (Nasty situation, getting kicked out of my house, etc.)

But,

I used MC Edit to clear out a tremendous chunk of the world right down to bedrock. Then I created a square spawning platform which connects to a central tower. The inside of this tower has a dome designed to look like that of a planetarium. And there are fancy bridges I'm building.

The glass floor at the center of the central tower.

The interior of the central tower.

The central tower as seen from the bridge from the spawn point.

The starry expanse of the cieling.

The central tower's main floor as seen from above.

The spawn deck.

The bridge from the spawn deck to the central tower.

Of course, this all is just a draft for me. I may radically change my design at any time.

Tell me what you think!
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
Quite a lot, actually. However, I'm probably going to have to suspend development until (a) I can get a proper flash drive, and (b) January 13th. (Nasty situation, getting kicked out of my house, etc.)

But,

I used MC Edit to clear out a tremendous chunk of the world right down to bedrock. Then I created a square spawning platform which connects to a central tower. The inside of this tower has a dome designed to look like that of a planetarium. And there are fancy bridges I'm building.

*i cut out the images so this post isn't as tall as mount everest*

It looks nice, but in my mind, feels a bit dull, and understated, with all the glowstone and general darkness.
Yeah, these screenshots were taken in the night.

Also, they're old. I've done some work since then (such as redoing the floor, and adding some walls to the spawn tower), but I don't have screenshots.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours