I have no experience with Assembly, so this might seem like a stupid question, but what's with the unclosed parentheses? Is it some sort of optimization thing because the closing parens are optional, or is there something else happening?

Also, if I update my version of the game, will anything happen to my level files? And if necessary, what file should I back up?
Saves space. Also, 0,3,5,0 then?
deli73 wrote:
I have no experience with Assembly, so this might seem like a stupid question, but what's with the unclosed parentheses? Is it some sort of optimization thing because the closing parens are optional, or is there something else happening?

Also, if I update my version of the game, will anything happen to my level files? And if necessary, what file should I back up?

It should be fine to just use as-is. Everything is taken care of to support the older versions. Smile

Oh, and that's BASIC. Smile Assembly is a different behemoth.

@solarsoftware: Yes, that should do it. Smile
I have another thing that isn't correct. I made a custom map like this:

But directly after loading my calculator is grey flickering and is very very hard to stop.
Thats that bug I now nickname the MateoBug. Razz
PT_ wrote:

But directly after loading my calculator is grey flickering and is very very hard to stop.

Similar issue here. Not sure what exactly causes it, but I do have an outdated version of it so it might be fixed now; not sure.
deli73 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

Similar issue here. Not sure what exactly causes it, but I do have an outdated version of it so it might be fixed now; not sure.

I've downloaded it yesterday, and the latest version Mateo has given, so I think that isn't the problem.
Ummm... I know exactly what the problem is. You created an energy pellet dispenser facing out of the screen... Which means when it tries to draw the pellet, it is offscreen, which causes it to flicker like crazy. I'll change it so that you can't place stuff like that. Razz Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and if you get the gray flicker, it is relatively easy to stop. The game is still running, the LCD is just messed up. Just press [MODE]-[CLEAR]-[CLEAR]-[2ND]-[ON]-[ON]
Wow, congratulations on finally releasing this, MateoConLechuga! I certainly have been looking forward to the final version for a long time, so it's exciting that it's here. I'm curious whence you got the idea for "Portal Return" from "Portal CSE" (should that be "Portal Returns"?).
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, congratulations on finally releasing this, MateoConLechuga! I certainly have been looking forward to the final version for a long time, so it's exciting that it's here. I'm curious whence you got the idea for "Portal Return" from "Portal CSE" (should that be "Portal Returns"?).

Haha, yeah, that makes more sense. I'll change that, once I finish fixing the above issue. Smile Thanks! Smile

EDIT: Actually, the reason was because I was doing some optimization at some point and made it RETURN because that string was already defined... Razz

Well, updated and fixed! Smile Now you can't position energy ball dispensers and cube droppers in such an odd fashion. You will still need to fix you level though! Wink Now maybe the bugs will be gone!
Download Portal Returns
Great work, Mateo! Now that you've got a CE we all expect a new release for the back-to-school fall season Wink

I can't wait to see what your next projects are!
chickendude wrote:
Great work, Mateo! Now that you've got a CE we all expect a new release for the back-to-school fall season Wink

Perhaps sooner than that. Wink

Anywho, has anyone experienced any bugs that they weren't able to fix? Such as things just blowing up into a giant oblivion?
Heey, I experienced that sometimes my score of the custom maps will be reset. For example: I had finished level 9 of my own levels, and later I must start at level 1.
yeah when you edit your level the progress is reset.
Unicorn wrote:
yeah when you edit your level the progress is reset.

PT_ wrote:
Heey, I experienced that sometimes my score of the custom maps will be reset. For example: I had finished level 9 of my own levels, and later I must start at level 1.

Umm... These aren't bugs; I purposefully set it up this way. If you edit a level pack, then it starts over again; because who knows, you may have edited a previous one, or say you deleted some levels, so now your offset is completely off. How would you like for it to be set up?
Giant oblivion? Mateo, that sounds like an easter egg...
Has the TI84+CE version been released yet?
CrazyHairGuy11 wrote:
Just a heads up -- Portal Returns doesn't like the TI84+CE.

Nope, it does not. Smile Which is why I am working on transferring it to work on the CE. Progress goes quite well; just a couple things with key input that I am attempting to iron out. There's a video up there ^^ of a test on the CE. Also, Welcome to Cemetech, CrazyHairGuy! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
CrazyHairGuy11 wrote:
Just a heads up -- Portal Returns doesn't like the TI84+CE.

Nope, it does not. Smile Which is why I am working on transferring it to work on the CE. Progress goes quite well; just a couple things with key input that I am attempting to iron out. There's a video up there ^^ of a test on the CE. Also, Welcome to Cemetech, CrazyHairGuy! Smile

Sorry, I realized that after I posted.

DERP Smile
Super-annoying nag bump: how goes the TI-84 Plus CE porting? I'm sure you are buried deep in homework, studying, and schoolwork for the end of the semester, and I wish you the best of luck with it. I only hope that your summer schedule gives you the time to work on this (and I hope our discussions on an App key end up being fruitful, for the sake of this project among many others).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours