Hey, I was woundering if anyone knew of a converter that converts files coded in BlitzBASIC to TI 83+ BASIC. The languages are almost entirely the same, except for the few things that blitzBASIC can do, see as its a PC language. If any one knows of something similar, I would like it if they would post a link. Thanks.

-Swivel
if its almost the same it shouldn't be hard to convert a program manually....

but i seriously doubt anything like that exists
If you want to point me to a site or two about this language, I might consider it...
There site is BlitzBASIC.com, and on there if you click on manuals and then click BlitzPlus (2D) and you can click around and see the differant commands there. I need it to be a .bb(BlitzBASIC script file) to .8xp (might even be easier to do it this way) not an .exe compiled by BASIC language to .8xp.

-Swivel
Eh, it looks like that would be a bit difficult. Now quite sure I have the time atm. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Eh, it looks like that would be a bit difficult. Now quite sure I have the time atm. Smile

my question is why bother at all? just program the whole thing in TI-BASIC! if you need to convert something written in blitzbasic, do it manually. there are too many things that would be hard, or impossible, to re-implement on a calc automatically from a comp-based lang. it would also be bloated over just programming in ti-basic
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

my question is why bother at all? just program the whole thing in TI-BASIC! if you need to convert something written in blitzbasic, do it manually. there are too many things that would be hard, or impossible, to re-implement on a calc automatically from a comp-based lang. it would also be bloated over just programming in ti-basic

Exactly, not to mention all of the adjustments as far as screen size differences that would have to be made anyway.
Plus there are probably such a small number of people who use BlitzBasic that it would not be worth it.
...and therefore such a small number of programs to port, too. Ixnay on this, then?
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense Bad Idea
Fair enough. Topic closed.