If you had someone who was willing to act as an administrator for a Minecraft 1.5.2 server that could be run alongside the current 1.8 server, would you be willing to try this?

This is what I propose:

A willing Cemetech member (I volunteer, but of course you can pick whoever you like) will be the server administrator, and responsible for ensuring that there is minimal server lag, and all players are following the rules.

A rule system similar to the current system for the 1.8 server will be enforced. Likely, the rules will be much the same as the rules for the 1.9 server.

During the initial phase, certain trusted players (such as forum and server admins and assistants) may use Creative mode to facilitate the construction of a spawn and surrounding shops and transport systems, a system of blocks in the End to allow players who wish to build from, a Nether hub, and other such initial projects. After this, Creative access may either be disallowed or continued as the admins see fit. (I personally favor using it only for special builds that require it, such as structures that implement command blocks or floating structures in the End.)

As Minecraft 1.5.2 no longer has a functioning login system, but instead only runs off of a username, we will need a plugin to allow for verification. Something like the BossCraft password plugin. The username should be the same as either the forum username or the Minecraft username. Any restrictions associated with this should be enforced.

Additionally, we could start with either a map generated from a custom seed (the one I'm thinking of has a triple ravine near the spawn) or a downloaded map.

I personally believe that as long as people are informed of the existence of such a server, people will join it and it will flourish much like the 1.8 server. And if it doesn't turn out to be extremely popular, we could downsize the server to allow it to better coexist with the current server.

What do you guys think of this?
What's the point to this?
Chauronslilsis wrote:
What's the point to this?
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
If you had someone who was willing to act as an administrator for a Minecraft 1.5.2 server that could be run alongside the current 1.8 server, would you be willing to try this?

This is what I propose:

A willing Cemetech member (I volunteer, but of course you can pick whoever you like) will be the server administrator, and responsible for ensuring that there is minimal server lag, and all players are following the rules.

A rule system similar to the current system for the 1.8 server will be enforced. Likely, the rules will be much the same as the rules for the 1.9 server.

During the initial phase, certain trusted players (such as forum and server admins and assistants) may use Creative mode to facilitate the construction of a spawn and surrounding shops and transport systems, a system of blocks in the End to allow players who wish to build from, a Nether hub, and other such initial projects. After this, Creative access may either be disallowed or continued as the admins see fit. (I personally favor using it only for special builds that require it, such as structures that implement command blocks or floating structures in the End.)

As Minecraft 1.5.2 no longer has a functioning login system, but instead only runs off of a username, we will need a plugin to allow for verification. Something like the BossCraft password plugin. The username should be the same as either the forum username or the Minecraft username. Any restrictions associated with this should be enforced.

Additionally, we could start with either a map generated from a custom seed (the one I'm thinking of has a triple ravine near the spawn) or a downloaded map.

I personally believe that as long as people are informed of the existence of such a server, people will join it and it will flourish much like the 1.8 server. And if it doesn't turn out to be extremely popular, we could downsize the server to allow it to better coexist with the current server.

What do you guys think of this?

What's so special about 1.5.2?
I think that is the only version she can run minecraft on. Look at this.
Purchase the game then.
I have Minecraft. I have a premium account, with the username HackerAshley. 1.5.2 is not the only version I can run. (And Kerm and tifreak8x and Maurudok can vouch for this. Assuming they remember my username.)

1.5.2 is special because it was the last version of the classic Minecraft.

The point to this is to allow people who still run the older versions of Minecraft to connect to our server and do cool stuff. Same as regular Minecraft, except it also provides compatibility for an older version.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
I have Minecraft. I have a premium account, with the username HackerAshley. 1.5.2 is not the only version I can run. (And Kerm and tifreak8x and Maurudok can vouch for this. Assuming they remember my username.).

As can I since I have seen you play.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:

In my opinion, real "classic" Minecraft died when beta came out. That being said, my definition of "classic" is alpha days when everything was simple. Nevertheless, I get where you're coming from.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
The point to this is to allow people who still run the older versions of Minecraft to connect to our server and do cool stuff. Same as regular Minecraft, except it also provides compatibility for an older version.

I haven't seen anyone play anything older than 1.7 so I'm not sure this needs to happen. Servers cost money and time and I think adding another server would cost too much, even if it was an old version. If we did do this, we might get 10, if we even get close to that, playing on this 1.5.2 server and it would not be worth the money to run.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
I have Minecraft. I have a premium account, with the username HackerAshley. 1.5.2 is not the only version I can run. (And Kerm and tifreak8x and Maurudok can vouch for this. Assuming they remember my username.)

Oh, yeah I remember you were on a while back. Sorry.

I'm not really sure about the last version of classic minecraft, because 1.5 was just the last version if minecraft without the new launcher.
I'm with Chaur on that one. Alpha would be "classic"
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:

I still run 1.5.2 and i would update but my mom won't let me use the internet at home. she doesn't know that playing on a server uses the internet, so i can't update but i could still play on a 1.5.2 server. I would love it if you would add a 1.5.2 server.
Stardust49 wrote:
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:

I still run 1.5.2 and i would update but my mom won't let me use the internet at home. she doesn't know that playing on a server uses the internet, so i can't update but i could still play on a 1.5.2 server. I would love it if you would add a 1.5.2 server.

Huh? That doesn't make any sense to me. Both playing on a server and updating Minecraft would need an internet connection. So how is it that you can play on 1.5.2 servers but not update?

I might assume that you have a laptop and you can connect to the internet at school or something, but if that was the case, couldn't you update Minecraft at the school?
Hitechcomputergeek wrote:

Huh? That doesn't make any sense to me. Both playing on a server and updating Minecraft would need an internet connection. So how is it that you can play on 1.5.2 servers but not update?

I might assume that you have a laptop and you can connect to the internet at school or something, but if that was the case, couldn't you update Minecraft at the school?

my mom monitors the home computer so if she sees me updating Minecraft then she will know i'm using the internet. I don't have a laptop because my mom wants me to save my money. (I have a very strict mom)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours