JamesV, you have outdone yourself! I haven't even played this game all the way through yet, and I already love it! I love it so much, in fact, that I think I'll write you a review when I'm done! The motion of the game even has a different feel to it!
I can tell - this is going to be my new favorite game for quite a while.
Sorry for the slight necro, but I didn't think it was worth a new topic Smile

I've been working on a version 2.1.0. This will include 10 new achievements (which are all progress based, eg. kill 10 enemies, kill 100 enemies, collect 20000 credits, etc.), as well as a couple of minor fixes and improvements.

Hopefully this won't take me too long to get done, but I'll want to spend a bit of time playing few the game to test how long the new achievements take to complete.

EDIT: screenshots below of the two new achievement categories.

I've added in a quick save & exit feature - so during game play you can press [CLEAR] to save the game state and exit to the TI home screen. Next time you run the game you'll be back where you left off.

Of course, it requires a bit of extra free RAM (around 550 bytes) to save the game variables, and then this file is deleted once the game is resumed Smile
That was a much needed feature Smile . Really the only other thing I could possibly think to add to the game would be an in-game score. Keep up the good work.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
That was a much needed feature Smile . Really the only other thing I could possibly think to add to the game would be an in-game score. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Angelstorm! And true, in-game score would be handy. I'm not entirely sure why I've never had this shown in the past! I'll add it in Smile

All the new achievements and the quick save & exit feature are coded in and appear to be working fine, and along the way I've fixed a few other minor bugs. So aside from adding in the score to the pause menu, 2.1 is essentially done, I just need to spend more time testing it.
Well I got everything finished quicker than I expected. I still want to test it all a bit more, but I'll be releasing this within the next fortnight Smile

Here are the update notes:

- Achievements can now have progress counters.
- Added 10 new achievements.
- Fixed a couple of errors in the Intex Info Base text.
- Added quick save & exit feature.
- Fixed a bug in the text display delay routines that could cause an interrupt lock.
- Fixed a bug in the level loading/drawing routine.
- Can now press [ALPHA] to skip through level exploding sequence.
- Score now shown on Paused screen.
Quote:
Achievements can now have progress counters.

This sounds very Starcraft-y. I like it Smile

Also, I think Kerm needs to backport the "App Folder" to DCS7 just to give AB5 its proper place on my desktop Wink
This program deserves to be put on a top ten list of something. It's like the best game I've ever played, and it just keeps getting better.
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
Achievements can now have progress counters.

Also, I think Kerm needs to backport the "App Folder" to DCS7 just to give AB5 its proper place on my desktop Wink
Heh that would be cool! I'm sure it's just a matter of time Razz

Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
This program deserves to be put on a top ten list of something. It's like the best game I've ever played, and it just keeps getting better.
Too kind, Angelstorm. Thank you! Smile
This update (v2.1.0) is now all complete and in the archives Smile

I've got plenty more ideas for future updates, so no doubt there will be more to come, although I'd like to push myself back on to some other projects too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours