I'm thinking of hosting a Minecraft server on my private web server!
Im thinking of going with towny, and also installing this: http://coros.us/mods/weather2. My server has plenty of RAM so lag shouldn't be a problem. Who would be interested in playing on a server with a modded weather system?
What unique features would your Minecraft server offer that would make it a server people would want to visit? In what way would it distinguish itself from other Towny/PvP servers like ours?
ACagliano wrote:
I'm thinking of hosting a Minecraft server on my private web server!
Im thinking of going with towny, and also installing this: http://coros.us/mods/weather2. My server has plenty of RAM so lag shouldn't be a problem. Who would be interested in playing on a server with a modded weather system?

Single threaded CPU power is a lot more important than RAM if you have enough RAM to run the server, more RAM won't speed up your server.
And the link isn't working, remove the "." at the end of the link.
Ok my server is up!

The IP is currently acagliano.no-ip.biz. You will need MC 1.7.10, Forge, and http://coros.us/mods/weather2 installed.

Unfortunately, I am as of yet incapable of getting a plugin to work bc Forge, yet Weather2 needs Forge and plugins need Bukkit. I've been looking into ForgeEssentials which seems to mesh the two. I definitely would like to use WorldGuard/Edit, either towny or factions, and a few others.
Bump:

ForgeEssentials actually gave me a lot of what I need. WorldGuard (although I'm wondering if there's a plot claiming system kind of like towny, but individual, so I don't have to create plots for people).

FE also has a WorldEdit module but its disabled bc of glitches, so that works. The only issue is there are a few Bukkit plugins I want to run, FE is supposed to be backwards compatible with them, but i don't know where to put them.
What distinguishes your server? rcfreak0's is supposed to be fun freebuild, and Cemetech's was designed around the idea of mature, intelligent PvP with well-designed cities and intellectual plotting and planning. What's the purpose of yours?
KermMartian wrote:
What distinguishes your server? rcfreak0's is supposed to be fun freebuild, and Cemetech's was designed around the idea of mature, intelligent PvP with well-designed cities and intellectual plotting and planning. What's the purpose of yours?

Well, I'm kind of torn between making a creative build server, an adventure-ish server with fun weather, or something similar to Cemetech. For the time being, its more of a free build until I decide.
Decided on a theme. As much as I love weather mod, its better for single player worlds and not for a fun multiplayer world.

I've decided to create an Adventure Mode PvP server, with lucky blocks. Each players gets a number of lucky blocks, and a time limit to open them. Once time is up, players get dumped into the world for a fight to the death.
Ooooo. I want to play. Will there be specific times when these lucky block matches take place? Also, do you need forge installed with lucky blocks mod?
That sounds very cool. I will join your server!!! Very Happy So will there be any mods? Also, Unicorn, Forge makes it easier, but I am not sure...
Unfortunately, the downside to Forge is that both server and client require the same mod configuration and a forge-modded client in order to join.

Now, im looking at some sort of world protection, bc ForgeEssentials stops at 1.7.10. And im hoping i can stop block destruction by Lucky Blocks, but idk. As of right now, the server is online at acagliano.no-ip.biz.
Wait, your server requires Forge to be installed? D:
Yes, it does. If someone has a work-around, feel free to share.
Cheeze, forge is relativly easy to install.
Acag, there may be a bukkit plugin that lets you use forge mods. I also think the is a lucky block bukkit plugin.
Oh, well then if i can find a version of bukkit for 1.8, ill be great!
I can send you mine...

Just maybe not today, My dad has commandeered the computer. And he probably won't be done for a while,
oh ok! perfect!
Here they are! It includes a run.bat and the craftbukkit jar.

My dad eventually got off. Razz But now I've got to play ping pong with him!
Got the server up. Now wondering if the following plugins are available for 1.8:

WorldEdit/Guard
LuckyBlocks
DisquiseCraft
Vanish No Packet
i Control U
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WorldGuard+Minecraft+1.8
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WorldEdit+Minecraft+1.8

You get the idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours