So I guess I'm developing for Gamebuino Rolling Eyes

My first project is 2048 (took me a while to design the graphics; if it were as big as a TI-84+ screen, I'd have had my graphics already Laughing )

Screenie (shows some gimmicky popup messages):

Use the arrow keys to move the tiles. Use A to save your current game, B to reset your game, and C to quit to the title screen. B+A (holding B and tapping A) gives you an option to delete your save (non-functional for some reason in the screenie, but works fine in real life Good Idea )

Todo:

* Add way to win
* Add way to lose
* What else do you think I should do, guys?

.zip download here. Includes .ino file (source), .hex file (compiled game), and .gif of gameplay. Tell me what you think!
What are the dimensions of that screen? Looks like 98x48 pixels or so? That shouldn't be too terrible if you're using to writing monochrome TI-84 Plus games to me. Smile It looks like you don't have a way to store and display high scores yet; perhaps that might be something good to add?
KermMartian wrote:
What are the dimensions of that screen? Looks like 98x48 pixels or so? That shouldn't be too terrible if you're using to writing monochrome TI-84 Plus games to me. Smile It looks like you don't have a way to store and display high scores yet; perhaps that might be something good to add?

The dimensions are 84x48 pixels. Black and white.

The reason why I had trouble with graphics is because even though I already had made tile graphics for my 2048 Axe clone, they were too big to all fit on the screen. So I had to do some digging around, and eventually, I found old tile graphics from my original 2048 mockups. They only went to 2048 because I couldn't fit anything else. I turned them from 12x12 to 13x12, and then I had all possible tiles (yes, even 131072) AND they all fit on the screen! With room to spare!

And if I have a way to store and display high scores. The emulator I was using probably didn't do it right. The game saves it on real hardware, trust me Wink
Bump.

* Added way to win
* Added way to lose
* This is pretty much a finished game right now.

Todo:

* What else do you think I should do, guys?
* Wonder what my next project will be...
* ...will do serious game making work when I get the thing by the end of the month.

Screenshot:

.zip download here. Tell me what you think!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours