I'd probably pick either black or dark blue. It would be kind of a tough choice; I like black, but blue would be a bit less "ordinary". I seem to prefer darker colors in general.

KermMartian wrote:
I'm curious how they choose the color you get; as others here have indicated, I suspect it may be a weighted random number generator of some sort.

Looking at the page code, it appears that they assign an ID number to each answer in the HTML, and a script checks which ID you pick most often. That then goes to the correspondingly-numbered results page.
Travis wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'm curious how they choose the color you get; as others here have indicated, I suspect it may be a weighted random number generator of some sort.

Looking at the page code, it appears that they assign an ID number to each answer in the HTML, and a script checks which ID you pick most often. That then goes to the correspondingly-numbered results page.

Looks about right to me. Here's the computational js file if you want to take a look just because. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
I don't think it's weighted, I just think they're giving away one of each color. A la the rules:
Quote:
Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of valid entries for each of the eight calculator colors as of the day of the random drawing.

That doesn't mean the odds of getting each color aren't weighted.
Calculate Your Color Final Rules wrote:
There are no limits to the number of entries per person.

Given that, and I think this has been said before, I think we can do away with concerns of weightedness and write a bot for the win.
I'm surprised there is no IP address blocking(if you have already entered sweepstakes from the IP you're using, you can't enter the sweepstakes again). I've successfully entered it twice on both of my emails on radical red, and again on both of my emails on classic black. Are they actually valid entries?

EDIT: I just saw the last post. Looks like you can enter the sweepstakes for all the different colors, but can you enter with different emails? I would assume you could.

Also, if you win the sweepstakes, I assume they will send you a calculator with the color you got from the quiz?
Lol, I literally just did the quiz before I switched to IRC and saw this post. I was red, though I didn't sign up to win. (I was too lazy to, and I wasn't sure that red would be the color I wanted, either. I hadn't seen this, so I didn't know you could sign up for more than once for different colors.)

Off-topic, but did you know that TI actually has an official wiki for their processors at processors.wiki.ti.com?
Hitechcomputergeek wrote:
Off-topic, but did you know that TI actually has an official wiki for their processors at processors.wiki.ti.com?
...yes, Texas Instruments is primarily a semiconductor company, and for their thousands of corporate users and probably hundreds of thousands of hobby users, references on their processors and microcontrollers is rather important. I'm particularly fond of the AM335x series in the Beaglebone board.
I colored me gray and said that I was wise. Well.
caleb1997 wrote:
I colored me gray and said that I was wise. Well.
Then you must be Silver Linings! Does anyone know if the first set of winners has been announced yet?
The first drawings are March 31st
i also got radical red
I got Denim as my color
I played around with the URL when I first found the contest and decided that I liked lightning the best. Then I got bored, so I would go back with the backspace button and then click to enter. I did that probably close to 200 times, but I don't know exactly (probably more). I was a winner, but I have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come. I hope they give me the color I won with. Do you think they draw once for each color result? It would make it easier if two winners got the same color.
Wow readroof2 you won? That's crazy if your backspacing worked. I got denim. Me thinks the planet question has someting to do with it, I chose earth, maybe the reds chose mars?
I saw your video of the unboxing of the CE. The speed tests were amazing. Is it that much faster just because the processor got an upgrade?
I hate to say it but the +CSE should have been skipped. The +CE is faster in every way. (Even the TI-Connect CE program is faster, get it if you don't have it!)
assemblybandit wrote:
I hate to say it but the +CSE should have been skipped. The +CE is faster in every way. (Even the TI-Connect CE program is faster, get it if you don't have it!)

Yeah, I don't get it, why is the slower calc the "silver edition" its not even better! Surprised
Is the appearance of TI-Connect CE any different? I think the CSE was good for the time because it started the color stuff for the TI-84, and the CE is basically a really good upgrade. Also, the CSE has Doors CSE. However, I guess if they had skipped the CSE I would probably have a TI-84+ and have a Doors CE on my CE. So they should have saved the name CSE for the upgrade of this calculator.
Exactly, the current CE, should be named the CSE (in my opinion)

TI-Connect CE is waaaaaaay different. It's way fast, has a program editor, and generally just looks nicer.
Does this mean that I won't have to wait for a whole minute while I send one tiny program to my computer? I am going to go download it right now. Bye!
@Unicorn Agreed.

@readroof2 Exactly. You can have both installed at the same time if you want, I never bothered uninstalling the old TI-Connect.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours