Okay, I have two basic questions (basic questions on BASIC).

I recently got a Casio fx-CG10 in addition to my TI-84 (I won first place and $100 at a math contest and immediately spent the money on a new calculator). But now I'm confused at some of the differences in programming between the two.

1. How can I run a program in the run-matrix section? The Casio support manual says this is possible: they said "you can run a program while in Run-Matrix mode by inputting: Prog "<file name>" I can't find the "Prog" command, so is there another way to work it?

2. How can I display multiple answers at the end of a program? For example, tonight I made a program to solve systems of 2, 3, or 4 variables, but I can only figure out how to display one variable at a time. That makes my program pretty useless at the moment. I realize that I can solve systems of variables in the equation mode, so this program's usefulness is nonexistent anyway, but I would like to know so next time I can have a functioning program.

Thanks!
Lily
LilyBug wrote:
2. How can I display multiple answers at the end of a program? For example, tonight I made a program to solve systems of 2, 3, or 4 variables, but I can only figure out how to display one variable at a time. That makes my program pretty useless at the moment. I realize that I can solve systems of variables in the equation mode, so this program's usefulness is nonexistent anyway, but I would like to know so next time I can have a functioning program.

To display the contents of a variable, type the name of the variable followed by ◢. You can get ◢ by pressing PRGM (SHIFT > VARS) and then F5.
To run BASIC commands and the Prog command from the Run-Mat app, you need to be in Line input/output mode. I believe this is explained in the manual, but it is so big most people get lost.
On Run-Matrix, press Shift then Menu (Set Up), then press F2 to switch to Line I/O mode. Press Exit and you'll be in Line mode. (To switch back to Math mode, press F1 on the first item of the Set Up menu, instead of F2).

In Line mode, you can access the Prog command by pressing Shift then Vars (Prgm), then F2 and finally F1.
I understand how to run programs in line mode. Yay! Thanks for answering that question. Now I just need to try line mode for a while to see if any math mode functionality is lost . . .

I have another question about using the ◢ button. I can display all of the values (thanks for that!), but in my program, it always displays the last variable value twice. I have used the pause button before to display several pages of normal text, and that program never displayed repeat text, so double answers should be something I can fix. How do I go about fixing that?
I think it's like in TI-BASIC, where the value of the last line in the program is displayed automatically. Removing the ◢ from that line should fix it.
Okay, perfect! Thanks. Smile
LilyBug wrote:
I won first place and $100 at a math contest and immediately spent the money on a new calculator

Congrats on winning the first place and getting a new calculator

I didn't even know that one can run programs from run matrix...
Hello again. I am making a new program now and have a different problem with displaying the final answer. I would like it to print 2^A in exponent form. For example, if the program solves A as 3, I want it to print 2^3 (rather than leaving it as 2^A or simplifying to Cool. How do I do that?

Thanks for the help. Smile

Edit: Haha! That came out funny-- the Cool face was supposed to be an 8. Also, this program is on the Casio Prizm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours