How do i connect the calc to my computer to get the internet?
what software do i have to download?
You should look in to Kerm's web browser called "Gossamer". Look at the link for more info. You can find it on the archives at http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=598

Also welcome to Cemetech! You should mosey on over to this thread and introduce yourself!
If you've already tried what he has suggested and don't understand, your main three parts are:
1) Select your linking hardware of choice.
2) Get the driver and the client.
3) set up your calculator to do so, and find a nice program that utilizes it!
Ok you are going to have to talk me through it then.
I hooked it up to my computer, but what are the driver/clients?
It all depends of what calculator you have.

With the TI-84 Plus, you need Gossamer + gCn. Same goes for the TI-83 Plus, but you need to build a gCn bridge yourself (due to lack of Direct USB support). On the TI-Nspire you need OS 3.1 and Linucx (not sure if any extra tools are required, such as nLaunch)
OK now what is gCn?
I feel like I am going to know the answer though
I am using ti-84 +SE
The Warlord wrote:
OK now what is gCn?
I feel like I am going to know the answer though
I am using ti-84 +SE

gCn is Global Calcnet.
With the TI-84+/SE you can use direct usb instead of building a bridge. You need the gCn client that is in the DCS SDK.
So will it be self explanatory when I use DCS SDK?
I think you may want to use gCn helper, it is a tool to help you set up the whole thing for Windows. If you do use it, make sure to read the readme. Once you install it correctly, connect your 84+ to the computer and follw the following steps.

First of all, get Doors CS 7

If you want to browse the web on your calc:
Get gossamer from the archives
Then in the gCn helper select WebHUB
And run gossamer from the Doors Cs homescreen.
You should be connected to the internet.

If you want to chat on the IRC channel:
Get CalcnetChat from the archives and install it on your calculator
Then in gCn helper select IrcHub
Once you run calcnetchat follow the on screen directions and you should end up connected to the calculator chat.
Original:
The_Warlord wrote:
Ok you are going to have to talk me through it then.
I hooked it up to my computer, but what are the driver/clients?

Spam:
anmol94 wrote:
I hooked it up to my computer, but what are the driver/clients? Ok you are going to have to talk me through it then.

That was a spam post, sadly. I'll take care if it.
All that work typing... Sad
would this be similar with the CE? Or would it not be possible at all?
coolcrab123 wrote:
would this be similar with the CE? Or would it not be possible at all?

Nope it won't be possible at all. The entire gCn project would have to be ported over, because it was written to run on a Z80, and the USB side still hasn't been fully developed. Also, I don't think there are any plans to expand gCn to the CE.
ehamawy wrote:
Does this still work in 2019? Are the servers still up? Sorry for necroposting, am new.

Last time I checked (like last year) it still worked. I think the servers might need a reboot every now and then though, but Kerm only does it when you nag him Laughing
I think I saw someone connect in SAX not too long ago though, so presumably it's still going well Rolling Eyes
IIRC, Gossamer had some issues and no longer worked but CN chat and Sandpaper still worked.
HI, you will have to select your linking hardware of choice and work on it, although you have good suggestion above an this must have to be sorted by now but still felt like commenting it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours