Back in November 2013, I released Doors CSE 8.0, the first shell for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Although the shell code was the product of my work, and many of the powerful hybrid BASIC routines included were the direct work of Patrick "tr1p1ea" Prendergast or more indirectly "Iambian" Zenith, much of the community had a hand in its creation. I initially did not plan to create a TI-84+CSE shell, and I thought my days of actively developing code in the Doors CS lineage were behind me. However, the community made its voice heard, the need for a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition shell was heard, and Doors CSE 8 came into being. After listening to the pulse of feedback from developers and users, we are proud to present the next iteration of Doors CSE.

Doors CSE 8.1 builds even more stability, more features, and more tools for programmers into Doors CSE. Doors CSE lists and can run all of your TI-BASIC and Assembly games and programs. It lets you organize your programs into folders, and archive, lock, copy, rename, delete, and hide them. It gives you extra features like an enhanced TI-BASIC editor, a clock, lowercase letters, and much more. Doors CSE 8 also contains the powerful xLIBC library by Patrick Prendergast and Celtic 2 CSE, which will make color TI-BASIC programs and games more powerful, useful, and fun. Doors CSE 8.1 now also includes fixes to the Celtic 2 CSE libraries and the xLIBC functions, more xLIBC tools for hybrid BASIC programmers, and the ability to list and run Apps (Applications) from within Doors CSE 8. Here's what's new:
  • Apps are now listed in a special Apps folder and can be run from that folder. The Options menu contains a new option to toggle showing the Apps folder on and off.
  • Apps can include a special icon field that Doors CSE 8.1 will display.
  • xLIBC function additions include more sprite, keypress, and tilemap functions.
  • Hybrid BASIC fixes include cleaner interactions between xLIBC and the OS, no hourglass shown on-screen when BASIC programs archive and unarchive programs, and bugs in ReplaceLine, InsertLine, ReadLine, and DeleteLine solved.
  • A rare Error: ? that would appear with certain BASIC programs run from Doors CSE has been solved.

Many thanks once again to all of the programmers, users, beta-testers, and Cemetech staff who made this possible. Special thanks must go to Electromagnet8, tifreak8x, and Merthsoft, who provided thorough information to track down difficult bugs, and tr1p1ea, who continued to improve xLIBC with new fixes and features.

Download & More Information
Download Doors CSE 8.1
Doors CSE 8 Wiki and Documentation
How to Put Doors CSE and Programs on your TI-84+CSE

I think that's great news! Though, you still have the old icons for Spaze and maybe Jezzball, don't recognize that icon. Smile
Aw dang, it can't solve the "Error: ?" outside of Doors. Haha I'm just kidding. But lucky for me, it stopped happening on my calculator.
Is the issue affecting real( in actual math applications still a problem?
Yay nice work KermM!

Also elfprince im not sure what you mean?

If you want to use real( for math then you just disable the hook in the APP?

Otherwise there are ways to achieve the same result using other functions.
Random bug:
Sometimes when I open the Apps folder and scroll to an app, the information popup at the bottom says the name is Á and it is 0 bytes, but after going back and reopening the folder, it correctly displays the name and size of the App
CalcGuy123 wrote:
Random bug:
Sometimes when I open the Apps folder and scroll to an app, the information popup at the bottom says the name is Á and it is 0 bytes, but after going back and reopening the folder, it correctly displays the name and size of the App
To help narrow this down, can you please tell me which Apps you have on your calculator? Does this happen regularly when you open the Apps folder, or very rarely?
I would like to be able to edit asm prgms and also see any grouped objects i might have while in doors instead of exiting and pressing [2nd] [Mem] [group].
Maybe just for fun being able to change the colors of the menus.
oh and Kerm? the lib helper has some issues (il put them in this post later) and the new icon creater for doors 8.1? it only makes the program and puts:
::DCS
without the hex code.
other than that man i love the new doors!

AS to the rest, Kerm will have to answer that.
dreamdragon wrote:
I would like to be able to edit asm prgms and also see any grouped objects i might have while in doors instead of exiting and pressing [2nd] [Mem] [group].
Editing ASM programs is far, far outside the scope of what Doors CSE will be able to do. That would require a disassembler, an editor, and an assembler, and is a set of features best included in an external program. I recommend learning more about assembly if you're not already too familiar with it; you'll see it's much harder to edit an existing program than in TI-BASIC.
dreamdragon wrote:
Maybe just for fun being able to change the colors of the menus.
That would certainly be fun, but at the moment I lack the space to include that feature.
Quote:
oh and Kerm? the lib helper has some issues (il put them in this post later) and the new icon creater for doors 8.1? it only makes the program and puts:
::DCS
without the hex code.
other than that man i love the new doors!
Please do let us know what issues you found with LibHelper; the Library Helper topic here would be an ideal place for it. TIFreak8x, can you replicate the Icon Creator bug report?
Is DoorsCSE 8.1 the same as release candidate 2? Or are there updates that I should download? Also what does "improve basic editor" do?
APotato wrote:
what does "improve basic editor" do?

Yeah, I haven't noticed any changes at all when using the "improved" basic editor (the box is ticked in the OPTIONS menu). Is it accessed from inside DCSE somehow, or is there an obvious improvement that I'm missing? (or both Razz)

edit: never mind, I'm an idiot. The box wasn't checked, and I wasn't accessing it from DCSE.

Speaking of which, though- is there any way to trigger the advanced TI-Basic editor without pressing EDIT from within DCSE?

edit: never mind, still an idiot

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours