Just a note: We talked about aligning constructs on even X values to stick to byte-width X coordinates even at full resolution, and I'm inclined to advocate sticking with that to save scads of single bytes. Smile And I think the idea of making the starting positions constructs is reasonable, so that we have more flexibility in how many starting players there are.

New layout sadly its 2x the size but I can actually see whats going on le gasp!
Oh man, that's becoming one slick level editor! Smile

Will the current levels take up the full LCD screen, or do you plan to have a camera follow the player?
Dianzi tian wrote:
Will the current levels take up the full LCD screen, or do you plan to have a camera follow the player?
The plan is to avoid scrolling, like the original M, and just have levels be the size of the screen. To allow for variable-sized levels, we're planning to include at least two possible sprite sizes: 12 pixels wide and 8 pixels wide.
KermMartian wrote:
Dianzi tian wrote:
The plan is to avoid scrolling, like the original M, and just have levels be the size of the screen. To allow for variable-sized levels, we're planning to include at least two possible sprite sizes: 12 pixels wide and 8 pixels wide.

The reason for the lack of scrolling is there is just going to be to much going on to maintain a decent framerate and have functional,fast smooth scrolling.

And as Kerm said we plan on having 2 level sizes. let there be more functional user of the screen realist ate by sizing smaller levels to be more practical.

And thanks for the confidence on the level editor :p nothing actually level editor like is coded in yet. Right now to be honest I am not even sure how I plan on interfacing with those beautiful looking lists. But hey that's why I am learning it. QT is really nice, but if your not so confident with your coding skills it can be a little bumpy Razz
So scripts in place to handle importing and exporting data from the level format previously specified. It expects all data in base10 tho because I'm lazy. That being said it can re import what it exports and afaik that is the most important thing. Updated on its repo.
Is this still being worked on? Just curious.
Yes it is! Tho it is seems to currently be on hiatus while we await the arrival of the new color calculator to port it to over its rather slow brother. Shy of that its just time. The dev team for this is rather busy with life atm :/
What geekboy said. In addition, I think it's possible that we'll first make this for the TI-84 Plus CE, then back-port it to the TI-84 Plus CSE, given the speed of the former calculator. On the other hand, if we make the TI-84+CSE version simultaneously, it'll be easier to ensure that it's fast on both models.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours