This looks amazing! I love the art style, keep up the great work! One thing, the pause menu doesn't look like it fits with the rest of the menu theme.
About 40 days in and I'm starting to lose interest in this project :-\
I'm not about to give up on it, but there's a good chance I won't release a level editor with the final release.
Maybe a few months after I drop this project I will gain interest again.
All that's left besides level editor is story, levels and achievements, I'm going to try to finish it as soon as possible.
You got this! Smile It is normal to lose interest on such a large project, but what makes it all worthwhile is completing it in the end. It feels trepidacious to have still much more work to do, but just keep slowly chipping away at it, a little bit here and there, and progress will go a lot faster than trying to do huge chunks at a time. Good luck! Smile
ldstudios wrote:
About 40 days in and I'm starting to lose interest in this project :-\
I'm not about to give up on it, but there's a good chance I won't release a level editor with the final release.
Maybe a few months after I drop this project I will gain interest again.
All that's left besides level editor is story, levels and achievements, I'm going to try to finish it as soon as possible.

I hate that feeling! Try to find something in the project that interests you and focus on that part, and chip away at the other bits as best you can until you regain interest.

I too often suffer from the "losing interest over time" infection (although it normally disappears after a couple of months Smile )

If it helps, it looks amazing in the screenies!
Thanks everyone for the encouragement, but I have bad news.

I tried to work on levels for this but I really can't bring myself to do it. I'm just so incredibly sick of this project, and it no longer interests me in the slightest. If someone wants to take over and make the levels, they can let me know and I'll send them the source and explain how to do it. A bit of lua is experience would probably be helpful, but it's fairly simple what is left to do. If no one is interested, maybe in a few months I can pick this up again.
I'm really sorry to hear that you're so demotivated on this, ldstudios. Sad You were making such excellent progress with it, and it was heartening to see you and Mateo working together and against each other to make two exciting Portal games for TI calculators. I hope that if there's anything we can do to help motivate you (beyond chipping in effort and level design), you'll let us know, and please post the moment you suddenly get a rush of enthusiasm for the project. What would you say are the major tasks remaining until it's ready for release? Do you have anything else you're planning to work on in the meantime?
KermMartian wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that you're so demotivated on this, ldstudios. Sad You were making such excellent progress with it, and it was heartening to see you and Mateo working together and against each other to make two exciting Portal games for TI calculators. I hope that if there's anything we can do to help motivate you (beyond chipping in effort and level design), you'll let us know, and please post the moment you suddenly get a rush of enthusiasm for the project. What would you say are the major tasks remaining until it's ready for release? Do you have anything else you're planning to work on in the meantime?

All that still needs to completed are achievements, levels/story, and level editor/support for custom level packs. I'm working on something in the meantime, but right now it's pretty rough and I'm not sure what direction it's going to take. Hopefully I'll be able to finish portal once I'm finished with this.
I know this thread is really old, but if you need someone to take this project over or beta test (i'm okay with major glitches or pretty much anything Very Happy ).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours