Recently, while writing code on my TI 84pcse, it crashed. The screen went white and then some weird shape that looked like a QR code and a line of text that said "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" showed on the screen. A few seconds later it completely shut down. When I turned it back on it looked like a normal "RAM CLEARED" reset, until I noticed that about 80% of my archive had disappeared. This archive memory mysteriously reappears every so often, but all this is beside the point.
It also slipped itself into Test Mode, and will not come out of it no matter what I do... I've sent files, done hard resets, etc. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem before and has found a solution.

Thanks!
Jack
Just to clarify some points: By "on my TI84pcse" you mean BASIC? What is in this archive memory that mysteriously reappears: Variables, Programs, Lists? What are they're names?
I was programming in BASIC. And I lost programs, variables, apps, lists, you name it. Some were mine, some weren't. Names like: A2048, CTF, CRPCHESS. Nothing out of the ordinary.
comicIDIOT wrote:
What is in this archive memory that mysteriously reappears: Variables, Programs, Lists? What are they're names?

JackGashler wrote:
And I lost programs, variables, apps, lists, you name it. Some were mine, some weren't. Names like: A2048, CTF, CRPCHESS.

So, those are the names of the items that are reappearing? If so, it's possible your data can be recovered. If it's gibberish it's sounding like something could be corrupted but I wouldn't know what. I can throw terms out there but I doubt I'd be correct, we'll have to wait for someone who knows their stuff to chime in.
Alright thanks.
You should probably back up all of your variables and data to your computer, perform a full reset, and load your variables and data back on. If the problem persists, you should re-install the operating system.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours